• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Something not right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Heatsinkguy

Disabled
I have Intel Pentium 3ghz 800fsb using HyperThreading enabled. I have 650MB pc2100 ram and WD 80 Gig 8mb cache 7200 rpm drive. I also have Geforce 5200 FX with 500mhz ram clock.
Now when i play GIGANTIC 7 Player Maps in Single Player mode in Age Of Empires, Age Of Kings...the game is very slow and it lags like HELL....Why is this? I thought i had a highend system?

your entire system is highend except for the FX 5200.

that might be the problem, but it might be something else too, as I haven't played that game myself.

also, you're sure that you have all the right drivers installed for your system right?

you could try turning the detail level down.

The drivers are all installed correctly. The resoulution is 1024 by 768 and the detail is high. But i have to say, Age of Empires Gigantic Maps are VERY VERY HUGE and theres 7 Computer players fighting each other...all of them are maxed lol. Is this normal for lag?

I can get lag on that game like that with my palomino machine with gf2mx400 64mb ddr but not on my ti4200 barton. I would think that its your ram. Your computer has 800mhz bandwidth but is the pc2100 in dual channel? Otherwise your computer could have 400Mhz bandwidth and you couldn't tell the difference. I think that your ram is definately the bottleneck. 512mb of dual channel pc3200 or higher would absolutely help. It would be over 3 times the bandwidth if your not using dual channel now. The game isn't that graphics intensive so I think that your card could handle it.

well your sig says pc4200, but your saying pc2100 which is it? cause if its 2100, you'll only get about 533 mhz worth of bandwidth in dual channel, that and is your card an ultra? even if it is, its not exactly what i would consider high end, good but not great, no offense.

Lol okay ram is bottleneck. I have 1 stick of pc2100 512mb not in dual lol
My sig says pc4200(NOT UPDATED) lol meaning i will buy it soon.
One more question...
If i get dual pc4200(533mhz), will it my 1ghz? Will the FSB run async with the memory??? What will happen? Will it run 1:1 and btw whats 1:1 lol? do i have to oc it to get to 1:1? cuz i dont wanna oc

yes, I posted the answer in your other thread asking the question.

As for this game, I have played Age of Empires before with 8 players in the gigantic maps..

My P4 1.5ghz, TNT2(32mb sdram video card), and pc2100(256) does NOT lag in the game whatsoever.

I'm thinking that if everything is correct in your system that there are many other programs running..

try disabling the startup programs... START-RUN-MSCONFIG.EXE

and startup..then uncheck everything..restart..then try it out, I bet it'll work :)

I had aim, msn ,mbm, tgh_clockspeed monitor and Hyperthreading enabled. Does those use alot of ramlol?
The same thing happens with my AMD system(same vid,ram,hd)

I wouldn't think so..but go into msconfig.exe and uncheck everything, maybe there are things that you can not see are running.

I do'nt have anything on atstartup except for MP Probe, and SysMon.

I had everything in my msconifg unchecked before i played the game lol.
Foxie are u a girl?

whats a shovenist and foxie is feminism..or w/e
Iam just asking if your male or female? It wasnt a offensing question and i was asking friendly

havn't you ever heard of a male shovenistic pig?

its someone who looks down on females.

I am a guy, and I am not gay either. My last name is Fox, and girls call me Foxie..it just stuck with me.

Ok but whats a shovenist? i dont know what the word means.....
i dont look down on females....i look up o_0

hey iam not a pevert dude....iam just trying to find out how many females actually surf ocforums....i guess curisioty kills the cat eh?

Back