• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Non peltier, peltier like cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aeon Flux

I NEED TO CONTACT SILVERSINKSAM, AS I HAVE A OUTST
Im starting to take my first ventures into peltier cooling. Im new to it and have been doing some research. As one of the many things I've come to find out is that a peltier needs a cold plate to spread the heat dissapation evenly over the chip. Now I started thinking. Pentiums already have this. But how effective would it be to add a heat spreader, or something like a cold plate under neath the athlong die and the heat sink? Do any of you think it would help absorb haet better? How bout making a heat spreader that actually extended out past the sides of the athlon so it could pull heat farther away?

What i always found was they were to thick, i could never get anything to clip with the peltier add an extra spreader that makes it ever thicker.

ANd they use so much power, they draw like 75 watts or more. You need a seperate high power supply just to get the juice that it needs.

Back