• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what could be the cause of the problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wired14

Hello
i have an old ibm server ( pc server 310). The cd rom is not working. I press the button to eject it , the light blinks but it does not eject. I checked all the wires and everything is ok.

I am also trying to update the BIOS -hoping to fix the above problem- of this thing but with no success. According to IBM , i saved the new bios in a disk then inserted in the pc server 310 , boot it up , but the new bios is not being installed. Its like the disk is empty.

any tips?

thanks

Try manually opening the cdrom drive tray to see if there is anything in there that is broken that might be keeping it from opening. It sounds like its getting power ok, so its got to be something else. There should be a little hol on the front of the drive where you can stick a little end of a paperclip to manually open the drive. Good luck!

Matt

Back