Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > AMD Motherboards
AMD Motherboards
Forum Jump

nforce 2 3.13 drivers safe to use

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe Search this Thread

Old 11-17-03, 06:10 AM Thread Starter   #1
germanjulian

nforce 2 3.13 drivers safe to use

basically after i installed the 3.13 drivers the new ide drivers buggered up my system. my plextor cdr wouldnt be able to be run by some programs, especially audio extraction and burning software wouldnt work or didnt show any cd in my drive.

there have been a few reports of this.

I remeber there was an option to skip the installation of the new ide drivers in the 3.13 driver setup. will that mean I can use the new drivers safely without buggering up my system?

has anyone tried yet?

Which motherboard should you buy? Get the final word here. Check out the latest Overclockers reviews:
ASRock Z77 OC Formula Motherboard Review

ASRock teamed up with overclocker Nick Shih to make a high-end overclocking-based, yet functional for all users, motherboard named the Z77 OC Formula. It appears they have achieved it. Read More.

Get it at NewEgg for $239.99
ASUS Maximus V Formula Motherboard

The Maximus V Formula is part of the ROG (Republic of Gamers) series of motherboards, which in itself brings a high level of expectation. It's a no brainer, Overclockers Approved! Read more.

Get it at NewEgg for $279.99
Old 11-17-03, 06:47 AM   #2
Balrog

Yeah it works, in fact if you head over to www.nforcershq.com forums you'll find in the Drivers sections some people that have created their own unified drivers package. They took the best of the nVidia drivers from different releases and combined them into one install, complete write-ups and install instructions included. Good Luck!
Regards, Balrog
Balrog is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-17-03, 07:01 AM   #3
cphastings
Registered

I had the same problem with the IDE drivers, plus the ethernet driver in the 3.13 has high CPU utilization problems. Like germanjulian said, best bet is to find a good unified remix driver set. A guy buy the name of mwarhead over at nforcershq always does a really good job on the ones he makes.
cphastings is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 11-17-03, 08:47 AM   #4
SickBoy
Inactive Moderator

10 Year Badge

whoa... I personally would be a little wary of homebrewed driver sets, but it's your box (or more appropriately, your Windows install) that's at risk.

Caveat Emptor.

Old 11-17-03, 09:31 AM   #5
mfjonny

Not really all that homebrew: the mwarhead remix drivers are just the 3.13 UDP driver set with a different/older NIC driver... the UPD is a collection of various drivers that installs under one executable, he simply replace the problem causing NIC driver with a different one.

Seagate 7200.11 500gb/Vista Ultimate x32
Silverstone TJ07/Antec NeoHE 550
Heatware
mfjonny is offline   QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Hardware > Motherboards > AMD Motherboards
AMD Motherboards