• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Call of duty

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I am playing it right now and it is real fun. The multiplayer maps are well designed too.

If you have an ATI card, use the cat 3.7's.

3.9's will crash the game. I hope they produce a patch for this problem soon.

Bought the game it is awesome but i finished it in 1 night on normal shouldve tried hard the truck ride board is a fast nasty level though worth playing

just got the demo... wow, sweet game. Pretty easy on normal, but hard makes it TOUGH. Not quite one-shot kill, but close. 2-3 shots will kill you for sure.

The multiplayer is fantastic, I like it better than medal of honor multiplayer but i agree it is no where near gory enough for my tastes. I need a mature rated war based game that is extrememly realistic.

i'm sure you've done it, but if not, make sure and turn blood on in the options. I've played single player and love it, but I am wondering if it's worth to buy it just for the multiplayer. I know it's a bit early to judge if Call of Duty will be a craze or not, only time will tell.

heard about this game from a friend. it sounded pretty awesome, then i saw an advertisement for it. i think i'll go d/l the demo now :)

It's not that good.

I just got both Call of Duty and Medal of Honor last week.

Well here is my opinion,

Call of Duty is cool in single play due to realistic graphic and interesting missions. It's only ok in multiplay due to a little too fast in action to my taste, and grenade spawn is a problem on some maps. Grenades are all over the places. To me, slow moment takes more skills. Maps are poorly designed for multiplay. They are way too simple. Sniper is too easy, actually all weapons are a little too easy. Characters walk around like little ducks.

Medal of Honor is ok in single game, suck big time in online multiplay due to even faster moments, almost feel like Quake III(Quake III did take skills due to the big space map design, besides Quake III has all those super powerful easy to use "future" weapons to backup such fast moments. Still suck to my taste:). Grenade spawn is even worse. Right, ONLY 45 out of my 50 deaths in the last 20 min. were from grenades. I had to start throw grenade around like others to have a score with more kills than deaths. Another fact, the players allies team are ALL using the female model. Kind of stupid.

Day of defeat owns both if not because the graphic is a little bit outdated. Don't get me wrong, it's not a great game either. Just better in multiplay than the other two.

Rather play some Battlefield 1942, both regular and DC. They aren't that good. Most infantry weapons are a little hard to use in regular BF1942, the sniper in DC is the same. Well both have the speed just about right to my taste. Most important of all, it's very fun to control the vechicals.

Defination to some of the facts I mentioned
speed to my taste = realistic speed that really take skills to play well
(of course too slow speed isn't good either. Such as America's Army. Not really bad on big maps, but when on small maps such as inside a building, I cannot move the way I want when in face to face combat to dodge the enemy fire. Oh maybe I was wrong, or I should say the moments in AA isn't smooth enough. Not the speed)
The reason I put on grenade spawn is because I don't think it's only due to the players. It is really the way how the game was designed. Not saying the programmers wanted it, of course they didn't know this would happen. I don't have a clue how to stop it. Well you see why it doesn't happen in some other games?

Weapons shouldn't be too easy for using, or too hard for using. Too easy is worse, takes no skill or almost no skill. One example of "too hard", the sniper in BF is really a crappy product. Same too the sniper in DC. I couldn't hit a thing as I aim right on the target every time. Don't get me wrong, I don't miss with engineer's rifle from long range too. Bad thing about this rifle, who the hell only carry 20 bullets go to the battle??

lol above are all my opinions. I don't against anyone who like them. Just my opinions. So don't against me either if you really like any of the games above. None of the games REALLY impressed me, but certainly a few of them are better than the rest.

I'll just play what we have. At least none is that horrible. Hopeful there will be some "perfect" games out soon.

Yeah, I bet some of you may think I am strange. :p

Last edited:
The multi player is awesome but it was stated earlier that the sniper is to easy. I agree. The sniper rifle is almost one hit kill. Also there are so many places for snipers to hide in the games that it makes people paranoid to walk around.

Blotty said:
The multi player is awesome but it was stated earlier that the sniper is to easy. I agree. The sniper rifle is almost one hit kill. Also there are so many places for snipers to hide in the games that it makes people paranoid to walk around.

Yep, so true. I hope they make a patch that limits the number of each people per class. They should also do that for BF1942 but I doubt that will happen.

breadman said:

Yep, so true. I hope they make a patch that limits the number of each people per class. They should also do that for BF1942 but I doubt that will happen.

Make sniper harder is a better solution for COD.

As for BF1942, the only class they should limit is anti-tank. Both in regular BF and DC.

Back