• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SFII < SFI ??? which one has a higher cfm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dalilman52

SFII &lt; SFI ??? which one has a higher cfm

OK guys, ive been thinking about the sf I and sf II by tt lately..and ive come to the conclusion of this, they are the same fan design except that sf II is orange and has more functions

here is some info to think about...

sf I draws .5 amps and therfore has a higher rpm, 5000 max rpm therfore higher cfm

sf II draws .4 amps but spins at 4800 max

the sf I fan box sez that when it runs at 2900 rpm, it outputs 46 cfm (total BS if u ask me) and at 5000 rpm, 53 cfm (another totally off rating) i have felt each speed (i have one modded w/o the sensor to run at full speed) and one that is temp controlled, i can really tell that the lowest rpm is definitely NOT 46 cfm and the highest rpm is definitely NOT 53 cfm, (its just not possible for such a drastic change in rpm to produce such a small change in cfm's) so can anyone tell me which fan is putting out more cfms? btw, the fan box sez the sf I is at .45 amps but the fan sticker sez .5 amps..just a bit of info

so wouldnt the sf I put out more cfm because of the higher rpm? they both have the EXACT same fan design, same blades, motor, etc. (i have eye-balled both fans and both look exactly the same, besides fan color)
________
FREE 250 GAS GIFT CARDS

Last edited:
Heres the specs on the Blue Smart Fan.The Blue has a lower CFM than the TT SF II.The TT SF II is 75.70 CFM.The blue is 72.50CFM.
0.48amps & 5.76watts. 4800 rpm @ 48.5dBA.The SF II is 0.70amps & 8.40watts.Both are 4800 rpm + or - 10%.
You know the specs on the TT SF II! THE FANMAN:cool:BLUE FAN LINK
TT Smart case fan II:Keep your flow up & temps down!TT SF II LINK

Last edited:
schismspeak said:
It is maybe a difference of 2-5cfm, not much at all, just buy the cheaper one if you dont mind black..
thats what i was thinking, plus its only about 200 rpm more so that shouldnt make a huge difference but since its on my hs, every cfm counts!
________
WEED VAPORIZERS

Last edited:
my sf1 never span as fast as my friends sfII, which span faster than my other friends sfII..............you get the idea. every fan is different. they spin at different rates depending on the voltage at teh time, and the manual controls are never the same on any two units. For example a potentiometer (the thing that controls the speed) may be rated at 10k for instance, but that rating changes depending on tempreature, or voltage, or something else ect, so it could be 9k, 10.5k or mabey 10k.

they are just estimated ratings - they are NOT accurate. either will be fine, but i HATE the manualy control on the sfII. It just isnt good enough - it actually melted on my friends SFII.

here's an alternative - the coolermaster xdream heasink&fan combo. Same basic fan design, but a cool-blue colour, and has a much better manual speed control. It is nearly always cheaper than the sfII aswell......
http://www.pccasegear.com/prod230.htm

Dalilman Get me a link to the smart fan 1. :D I thought you
meant the smart blue fan.I cant find the black fan you refer to.

Ive got 2 of those fans. Now i know what your talking about.
No way I would put that fan on my CPU HS.Its thermal controlled.
By the time it hits max CFM your processor will be toast.
THE FANMAN:cool: I thought you were a Tornado MAN.:D

Re: SFII &lt; SFI ??? which one has a higher cfm

dalilman52 said:
(i have one modded w/o the sensor to run at full speed) and one that is temp controlled, i can really tell that the lowest rpm is definitely NOT 46 cfm and the highest rpm is definitely NOT 53 cfm, (its just not possible for such a drastic change in rpm to produce such a small change in cfm's)

guess u didnt read everything, plz, do this b4 u post something, i do it sometimes too

and btw if u wanna know how to do it, just cut the sensor off leaving as much wire as possible, then just connect the two wires that used to hold the sensor, u do this because the sensor acts as an amp regulator and the hotter it gets, the more amps it supplies, so it would just make sense to eliminate the device regulating the amps and to connect the two wires to eliminate the bottle-neck
________
Bmw E39

Last edited:
I remember those, I modded my SF I to allow for manual speed adjustments, this was before the SF II was out. I cut off the Thermisistor and soldered new wires on with a 10k ohm potentiometer for variable speed

well that stuff is total BS if u read the first post, it spins at 5000 rpm, has the same fan design as the SF II, its not possible for it to be only pushing out 53 cfm....and at the lowest setting, 2900 rpm, i know FOR SURE it is not 46 cfm, TT really f**ked up when they gave the ratings for this fan, and btw on the fan's stick it sez .5 amps, on the website .45, see what else they did wrong?
________
Indica Strains

Last edited:
Back