• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron overclocking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DuronManiac

Registered
Hi guys.
I was wondering if anyone has been having problems with the AMCA stepping model of the AMD Duron processors. I have a 750MHz model, and the stupid thing will not OC by use of the multipliers. The sys info is below for more info. I can only get a max of 855Mhz out of it, but that is only to an FSB of 113, then it craps out after that. Yes, I have penciled it over 6 times already, and adjusted voltages. Please let me know as soon as you can. Thanks.

Lemme ax you a question.........have you used the same pencil.....all 6 times?

Reason I asked (ooops) I mean axed is because at first when I did my pencil trick, I used a non-lead pencil.

It didn't work. I went and bought some led pencils.....#2 and was extremely careful and forceful with it. Worked like a charm the second time around.

PS....use alchohol to clean the bridges.....then do it again.

You can use a window defoger repair kit also...... available at any autoparts store 10-12$ I took a chunk of 12 gauge wire and pulled a single strand out about 2" long and bent it into a small loop then dipped it in the paint a couple of times to get a little build up on the wire then dipped it again and made the bridge. makes a nice neat line without the mess. also a sharp fishing weight, shaved with a knife and rubbed like the pencil will make a good connection. good luck! MORE IS NEVER ENOUGH.

I have a AMCA Duron 700 that has gone to 970 MHz so far.... no problems OC'ing via multiplier. I don't have any other advice to give other than what's been said.... just double check those L1's.

SickBoy

u can try using like 4B lead to pencil the L1 bridges if u are using a lead pencil

that's what i did and it worked

I have a 750Mhz Duron with the same stepping. I managed to O/C mine to 1000Mhz but I was using 100FSB.

Now I am at 960 stable but with 133FSB. I find that it performs better like this.

At the moment room temps are 34/35C, and the CPU temps @ full load are 45C.

what is your bios now...
maybe you can try the custom bios for power user from MSI site..

a few people can't change multiplier because
they used the original bios from mobo..

if you have prob with save when change multipier
see some of the threadh on forum amd mobtherboard section..

good luck ..

Back