• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need someone to test my CPU/Memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiTrO bOiE

P4 1.8A
Kingston KVR 256MB

I think my cpu is fried, but I'm not sure if it's the chip, motherboard, memory or all three. I woke up one morning and the screen (monitor) was black, ever since then. It has never posted. Anyone willing to test my chip and memory out? None of my friends are computer geeks and won't even let me open their case, and none of the stores will let me test it either. I sent the chip back to where I got it from, they said it was fine, but maybe they just didn't want to give me a replacement. I will include (1) stick of PC100/133 SDRAM to the person I send it to. I would like it for the tester to be close (quicker shipping), and well known around the forums. If I turn you down, don't feel bad.

*tester pays for return shipping
**mods, since I'm not selling anything I didn't post this in the classifieds.

It is safe to assume you chave cleared your BIOS, and removed ALL Add-In Cards, HDD's ROMS ect.
You should only have in 1 stick of RAM, Video Card, CPU/HSF, PSU,
Yes even disconnect all fans that are not on the heatsink.

If the store tested the CPU i think you can trust it...
But what kind of overclock did you have when it went all wrong?
what kind of beep codes do you get?

DId you do a visual check of the motherboard for damage yet? Take close not to Capasitors. Look for bulged, discoloured or leaks. This is a very comman problem.

I checked the m/b, I didn't see anything wrong with it. I checked the PSU voltages and they are a bit low. Now that I remember, when the system was working sometimes the lights/fans would dim down for a couple of seconds then return to normal. I hooked it back up, with just the cpu fan, and a gf2 PCI, still no boot. The 12v read 11.60 from the molex, and 11.40 from the MOSFETS.

Back