• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MP Unlocking New Tbred

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyberius

I just got a Tyan Tiger S2466N MPX board from Fry's for only $99 brand new! I also picked up 2 1800 tbreds Stepping JIXHB 0327UPEW Its one of the new Tbreds with the plastic over it I think. I was wondering how your supposed to make them MPs, I know its the last L5 bridge but they look really wierd on these chips, so I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. The sticky said something about filling the channel, but doe that mean the laser cut? Heres a picture of the Bridge area, if somebody could explain or draw on it what I'm supposed to do, or perhaps give me a link that has updated info on these new chips it would be greatly appreciated. Heres the pic:
http://www.theforumisdown.com/uploadfiles/0103/MP Bridges.JPG

seriously? because didnt that mess up older procs? I just dont want to mess this up, ive done plenty of conductive ink mods, but in the past had to fill in the pits with superglue and make a trace over the pit, never in them.

also, should i blow the bridges and set a 12.5 multiplier on these chips? should do that no prob, would only be at 1.667 Are higher multis available through the bridge trick?

I have modded the 1800 (0319 WPMW) about a month ago. With the new packaging, you just filled the last L5 pit with defogger (conductive) paint. Just make sure that the paint did not spill to other pits on the L5.

For multiplier adjustment, you can use the wire mod on the socket to set the multiplier to anything you want. In my case, I decided to use defogger paint directly on the CPU pins. It was very easy and you can easily remove the paint later with rubbing alcohol.

Back