• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my latest purchase

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiker

Registered
I just bought my W/C system after doing alot of research about it.
my plan is to W/C my system with a peltier and a water chiller.
well here is what i bought:
1) RBX w/b with holdown.
2)Hydor L30
3)a simple rad but a very good one, made of copper
4)bay res
pics:
rbxshd_lg.jpg

front.jpg

hydor_inter_sm.jpg

tanx everybody, and its due to monday.
i paid a lot of money for the shipment(50$) so they better bring it on time.

If you were going for a pelt... MCW5002 wouldve worked better for you since that swifty concentrates on cooling the entire base instead of just center... but RBX will work fine if you already got it. I would replace the rad with a HC, but looks like you got that too...

the heatercore cools the oil thats heated from your engine. Its actually where the heat comes from when you turn your heater on. The heatercore looks nice, is not that restrictive and cools well.

A heatercore has this lovely tendency to dump antifreeze all over the inside of your car onto the passager floor if it goes. Then you are issued the wonderful task of replacing it wich usually requires to hang upside down and pull the whole god darn dashboard apart just to get to it.

What does that have to do with watercooling? Nothing really. Just a little bit of IRL trama for your enjoyment from changing way to many heatercores for any single persons own good.

the heatercore uses engine coolant to heat incoming cab air.
If you have a leaky heatercore in your vehicle, it is probably your own fault because you didn't change the coolant often enough and the anti-corrosive additives got worn out.
The advantage of using a heatercore is it's usually 2 passes (or what most people use for their WC setups are) reducing the number of turns and thus the restriction in your system, which is a good thing.

Sneakytermite said:
Hey Lazlo Panaflex and ILikeMy240sx, why are you guys recommending the heatercore rather than the radiator?

spiker, where did you get that radiator man?

It's an Israeli radiator (lol)
he got it from www.emp.co.il (It's in Hebrew, I bet you won't understand any of it :p if you need any info feel free to pm me).

The Heater Core is Single Pass, which is less restrictive as the radiator (that spiker posted, I have the same in my old setup btw..) is a Double pass.

Suma.

Back