• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

does NF7-S read temps correctly?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir Barton

im using BIOS d1.7 right now, and its saying my temps are 52C at idle. with BIOS 1.8 it was saying 37C was my idle. the exhaust fans on my case dont feel like the air is hot, neither does it feel hot inside of my case, hell the base of the HSF isnt even hot to the touch. whats a good error margin for temps with this board?

Abit has released several bios updates that have addressed the temp reading issue. And each one of them shows different temps. I would trust the newer bios's temp readings.

whats a good error margin for temps with this board?

Myself, I don't like my rigs getting over 50+ degrees. But I'm a bit conservitive on that. However, lots of people are ok with temps in the high 50's. And it is safe to run at those temps, but not desireable.

Sir Barton said:
youre right about the later BIOS revisions. i flashed to BIOS 18 and now im reading 36C. now ill sleep a little better tonight lol.

Sounds about right for system temps. Mine are a little cooler, mainly due to 120mm antec fan and dual PSU fans. Got another 120mm fan to add to the front of the case next time I take it down.

grungee... don't know what you are reffering to, I read CPU temps... no problem...anywhere from 40-41.5 w/ stock AMD fan.

Sir Barton said:
youre right about the later BIOS revisions. i flashed to BIOS 18 and now im reading 36C. now ill sleep a little better tonight lol.

Sounds about right for system temps. Mine are a little cooler, mainly due to 120mm antec fan and dual PSU fans. Got another 120mm fan to add to the front of the case next time I take it down.

Sir Barton... don't know what you are reffering to, I read CPU temps... no problem...anywhere from 40-41.5 w/ stock AMD fan.

Back