• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT NF7-S nForce2 SPP or Asus A7N8X Deluxe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cubed

Which one should a person who is building a new computer get, as in which one is more user friendly, and is better. I know that the Abit & Asus have a 400/333/200something fsb but the A7N8X Deluxe is supposed to be user friendly, so does anyone here had experience with both?

Last edited:
OMG!! Don't buy the Asus! They die and i went through 3 of them and they aren't as fast/cheap as the Abit!!

Needless to say, i now have an abit.

Just wanted to save you from Asus.

I would say to go with the Abit becouse it has more options that you can change in the bios. Also I had a Great experience with my Asus rev 1.04 untill my old Fortron Power Supply killed it and my veido card. But right now the best choice in my option would be the Abit but make sure its a Rev 2 that supports 400Mhz FSB.

daw-gone-it, you people make it hard to choose.......i am also looking at one of these two boards to buy - but the asus seems to be a crap shoot...those who get a good one are super happy but will it work when you get it is the problem - looking in the amd asus forums, a lot of people are asking questions about failures but in the amd abit forums, i don't see that nearly as much........the two boards are about 10$ different in price and have most of the same features - is there anyone who has had both and can give an objective opinion?........sort of trying to determine whether the crap shoot (asus) is worth it cuz i am building a home-theater-PC..................

I've had both...

Asus = crap = RMA
Abit = good = keep

The a7n8x delux started off well, but was constantly locking up and crashing within a month of use. Bought the nf7s after I RMAd the asus and all my problems were solved. Both boards used identical hardware.

I've got 3 Asus boards that I use now. Two A7N8X-DLX and one A7N8X-X. All 3 are good boards for me. Not one lick of trouble. I love the dual NIC and I seem to OC fairly well. I haven't really HIT it yet though. No RMA's here.

The asus' are exactly that, a crap shoot. Sometimes you get a good one, mostly ya don't. You can keep RMAing for months straight or just get the Abit. There's not much the asus can do that the abit doesn't do better.

Abit all the way,I have had no luck with Asus.
And they overclock like mad:D

I have an older Asus A7N8X Deluxe 1.02 that was a nightmare to setup...But has been flawless ever since...Just bought the NF7-S and it kicks my A7N8X Deluxe in the teeth...And I do not like Abit boards (just returned a IC7)...But Abit has a real winner with this board...Make sure to get the Revision 2.0

hehe, enough people said "go with the abit" so i did - and its pretty jammin' for sure......running everything pretty clean & ran the prime95 torture-test for 7 hours without a hitch........will never know if the asus mighta worked cuz this baby is cranking just fine..........like the bios options for overclocking but still reading up on some of the memory settings (don't feel a need to ask about them cuz enough other people keep asking, hehe)......

lee said:
hehe, enough people said "go with the abit" so i did - and its pretty jammin' for sure......running everything pretty clean & ran the prime95 torture-test for 7 hours without a hitch........will never know if the asus mighta worked cuz this baby is cranking just fine..........like the bios options for overclocking but still reading up on some of the memory settings (don't feel a need to ask about them cuz enough other people keep asking, hehe)......

Good luck,you will enjoy that:D

Back