• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS just dropped of my new 2.8C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Crap!!! It's gonna have to wait, I gotta take my take my daughter to cheerleading practice and then pick her up. The suspense is killing me. I'll will put it in tonight thats fer sure. post the results later.

The suspense is killing yea? hehehe It happens to the best of us but usually where at work when it happens then it bugs the heck out of us.

Here's where we're at

Put the new chip in, fired up the rig and everything seemed a-ok. now to bump up the fsb starting at:

240FSB- Wouldn't boot into windows-I almost had a stroke. Then I realized that this board undervolts quite a bit. USDM reads 1.47v so I bumped it to 1.6v in bios (now reads 1.55 in usdm) booted no problem.

250FSB- Wouldn't boot into windows, raised Vcore to 1.72 in bios (reads 1.68 in USDM) booted no problem. Ran sandra no problem, failed prime first test.

Cooling (as monitored in usdm) fluctuates between 30c and 35c idle. I really don't want to run a high Vcore (afraind of snds) so what would you guys do? I could prolly back down a few mhz till I pass prime and maybe even run at 1/1.

As a side note, I'm thinking about getting prometia for christmas (trying to figure out to pull this one off with the wife) then I can really test away

Well you can try a couple things right now. Try increasing your AGP voltage up, this can help the problem sometimes from running stable, also you could try running your ram with looser timings once. I wouldn't recommend anything over 1.65 volts under load. So see what it can do with those. If not run back at 240fsb.

Well, running a 2.8C at 240 FSB is still better than your old 2.4C running at 250 FSB. Maybe you can make it to at least 243 FSB, that will give you 3.4 gig.

Try setting the mem ratio at 5:4 and run the timings at SPD just to test and make sure the RAM ain't the bottleneck. I still think that mobo just plain don't like high FSB.

I'm a happy camper!!

Been running all day at 245FSB 5/4 2-5-2-2 Just got done playing Halo with no problems. I'm happy.

Attachments

• wcpuid245.jpg
    wcpuid245.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 60
Crank that thing up. I've got one he** of a 2.8 chip.

2.8 @ 3.8 w/ a 1.65 vcore. Idle temps of 32C-33C, load no higher than 37-38c. I was able to hit 250FSB on a stock vcore, 3.6 w/ a SP-94 and 92MM tornado.

Once again...crank it up. It'll handle more than that.

Back