• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which is better to O/C

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

irksome

Which version would be better to O/C - The 200 Mhz FSB or the 266 Mhz FSB version (my case a 1.4 T'Bird). I would expect the 266, but have been told that specifically the AYHJA series 200's are better?

MTIA

§irksome§

irksome (Jul 28, 2001 07:28 p.m.):
Which version would be better to O/C - The 200 Mhz FSB or the 266 Mhz FSB version (my case a 1.4 T'Bird). I would expect the 266, but have been told that specifically the AYHJA series 200's are better?

MTIA

§irksome§

Scroll down, there are several posts in the last 2 weeks about this.

OK I got off my lazy a^$e and had a look and it would seem to be better to go for a 266 Mhz FSB. Firstly I am having heat probs anyway at standard speeds, apparently the 200 Mhz's tend to run a bit hotter? Secondly running the higher FSB is going to give me a higher max bandwith with a lower multiplyer? The drawback would seem to be if its as easy, but I would just be knocking the FSB up a bit most probably anyway???

Ta

Back