• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tony Hawk on PC.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

I'm thinking about getting Tony Hawk Under Ground for PC if I can find it for a good price.
I've owned every previous tony hawk game on console and I loved them all.
But I remember playing a THPS3 demo on PC and I hated the controls with the keyboard.

Do you guys use gamepads with Tony Hawk on PC? Or do you eventually get used to the keyboard?

I tried playing Tony Hawk 3 with the keypad and it blew chunks big time. The trick keys were mapped to the num pad and just didn't lend itself to fluid gameplay. Although if you worked it long enough you could get good at it.

Anyways I ended up getting a PSX->PC adapter. It works awesome and feels just like playing on a console. Plus it handles the analog stick not just the D-pad. :D

Ended up paying about 20 bucks for the adapter. Not bad considering a gamepad will run 30-40 if not more. Good bet if you already own a console. BTW there are also adapters for PS2, and XBOX controllers. And if I remember right there was a thread that should how to mod an XBOX controller to work on a PC(basically just USB).

Tony Hawk Underground is not (as yet) coming out on PC. If its anything like THPS 4, itll be out on consoles for at least a year before the PC version gets a release. Maybe Aspyr will take on the job of porting it again. Up to now though, theres been no mention of a PC version. Ill be buying it for the Gamecube.

_slh_ said:
Tony Hawk Underground is not (as yet) coming out on PC. If its anything like THPS 4, itll be out on consoles for at least a year before the PC version gets a release. Maybe Aspyr will take on the job of porting it again. Up to now though, theres been no mention of a PC version. Ill be buying it for the Gamecube.

Really? All these people are talking about getting it and I never realized they were only discussing the console versions..

Blah, oh well.

That PSX controller is a good idea though. I could probably pick one up pretty cheap from some place.

Back