• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This about right?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cow2kie

I just got a NF7-s ver. 2. I have Geil 3200 Ultra 400. I have the FSB at 206 right now, so that puts my memory at 412mhz. (2.5,3,3,7) I havent really tried to push either one. Do you think im near its limit?

update

update :

I have it at 216fsb now, 1:1 ratio so memory and fsb is synched together. I cant get it any higher than that or i get beeps and then i have to reset bios. What do u think is holding my back from achieving higher FSB?

Hello, It could be the voltage regulators/north bridge overheating if you dont have enough airflow over them. They tend to run warm, what voltage are you using for the ram? Usually you have to bump up the voltage on ram to get really high fsb, and a little bit of the northbridge voltage bump up also. It could be your cpu is at the max also, what cpu/multipliers you using?

My memory is at 2.9v. Yes.. my processor is the limit if i want to go to 2.3ghz and up. I can get it to like 2.26 but I'd like to get the fsb up higher because thats where i see the performance. The nb is one notch above normal. I forget what it is. What I dont get. I can get it to post and startup at 217fsb and be stable in windows and games. But at 218 I get that wonderfull ambulance siren that the nf7-s ver 2 gives out and I have to reset my bios. Any suggestions? Should I change the nb fan instead of using the stock abit one? The temp seems good to me though. My system is around 24-26c

My chipset voltage is not at stock, its one above default. Default is 1.6 i think. I have it at 1.7 I have my memory voltage up.. vcore volt up too. I know the processor is limiting me from getting a higher clock rate. But thats not what im wanting to achieve. Yes I would like a higher one, but cant w/ this processor. I want a higher fsb than 217 w/ a lower multi of course. I just dont get why it wont even post at 1mhz more if it is stable at 217 in hardcore games.

well, 216 is pretty good. I wasn't able to get over 215 despite all my killer equipment until after i did some mods. i did them in this order and saw about these results

out of box max stable fsb 215, chipset voltage 1.7, vdimm voltage 2.9, timings of 11,2,2,2.

chipset volt mod from 1.7v to 1.9v = 220fsb stable at same settings

L-12 mod for 266mhz default = 240fsb (ram errors @ 2.5,3,3,11 though) < that one was a WOW!

vcc mod for dimm voltage from 2.9-3.2 = stable at previously mentioned settings, and even @ 233fsb 11,2,3,2.

as of now i can load windows as high as 260. However above 240 i have to lower my timings to something like 11,4,4,2.5. and above 245 things appear stable but i lose onboard periperals. So i would normally run either 9.5X233 or 11X225. That is another story, alot of us can not use 10 or 10.5 multipliers on the nf7 with cpu interface enabled. Don't ask me why no1 seems to have an answer.

good luck, hope some of that babble ^ helps.

J.

Back