• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

92mm Fan in a Chieftec Dragon Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sharkman

Hello everyone. I've been lurking around here for the last few days and finnaly decided to take the plunge :)

I have never delt with a 92mm fan before so I don't know the actual physical size of them. I would like to put the Panaflo 92mm mid speed RPM sensing fan in the bottom front of my case. The Sunon I have is a screamer lol I figure if I can get roughly the same airflow with a 10dba drop, I'll do it ;) I'm going to be cutting off the stock grill guard and drilling screw holes anyways because I want to dump the fan holder. What I am worried about is the clearence with the HHD cage. I have 3 drives and don't really want to lose one. I know the 120mm won't fit because its too tall. Anyone have experience with this setup?

I will hopefully be getting a new setup soon and want to try to OC the new sys. Would I be better off just getting a 120mm and dumping the bottom HHD cage? Thanks :D

Last edited:
What type exhaust setup do you have.You could mount the fan behind the HDD cage on the inside of comp.It would be a mid-
front fan.This would pull air past the HDDs.My nickles worth.
THE FANMAN:cool:

Two 92's would be cool but I don't want to have too much pressure inside the case. Since I want to try and keep the fans I already have. Right now I have the 2 80mm 39cfm's for the exhaust right below the PSU. The 50cfm 80mm is on the bottom front for the intake. I did some thinking and I came up with this idea. A 92mm Panaflo 48cfm on the bottom front and a 32cfm Panaflo right above it in front of the HDD. I would keep the 2 39cfm 80mm's for the exhaust.

I'm going to be getting a Fortron FSP350-60PN 350W ATX12V PSU with 120mm Fan to replace my old PSU. Newegg has it for 36.00 now. Would the setup mentioned above give me a slight back pressure inside the case with that PSU? I looked all over the forums and Fortron's site to find the cfm of the stock 120mm in the PSU but couldn't find anything. Let me know what you all think :)

Giblet Plus! I think has put 92mm fans in teh back of his case with a little cutting and you can fit one in the bottom from for sure. They also fit in the drive cages if you put them in there right.

What you said sounds good, I don't know how much that PSU puts out but I honestly wouldn't worry about it. Unless you have it set up in an abnormal way that makes it imprtant to have + or _ or even pressure it doesn't matter much. Just as long as the air can get in and the air can get out.

Looks like a winner. You have slightly more in than out.Until you
factor in the PSU exhaust.Plus the 2 intake will be restricted by the HDD rack,as I recall.:D Give it a shot and see what you get.
THE FANMAN:cool:

i have the sparkle 30 and i found the stock fan to be alittle loud, so i replaed it w/ generica clear fan. so if it done's move ebough air o too much u shouldn't have a probelm swapin it out

Back