• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The Simpsons: hit & run

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

noble2501

I like.. I like..

actually only gripes I have with this game are that they didn't use cell shaded graphics, because they might as well. It would have fitted the whole simpsons theme much better.
And secondly almost if not every mission is about driving and chasing, the game could have used more variety and more on foot missions.

What do you think?

I think this is definetly the best simpsons game I have played, but they still can make a lot of improvements..
*cough*sequel*cough*

Yeah but just ok, isn't really enough for a die hard simpsons fan like myself.

This game could have also used some weapons and possibly some sort of multiplayer..

compared to the SNES Simpson's games of yore, (reminded me of Fatal Fury and Metal Slug) this is a definite improvement. I absolutely love it love it love it love it love it love it love it love it!!!!111oneone

I agree, the game was very good. Some of the missions were very fustrating and I would have liked more on foot missions too, but this was by far the best Simpson's game ever.

For a non-Simpson's fan its a good game, for a Simpson's fan its a great game. The driving was so much fun too. The physics may not be accurate, but driving is so much fun.

Great game.

Eh... I got to Marge's part of the game and stopped playing...

There are a few issues..

The mouse controls are weird... there is no cursor/reticle thing, and it seems jerky... like you can only look in 8 different directions....

Driving is good, but some of the physics/proportions are a bit out of whack.... (Such as the bus is a litttleee short)

The graphics should have been cel shaded... And the game should have guns and foot missions...

While this is the best simpsons game ever, it still needs alot of work.

Zim2411 said:

There are a few issues..

The mouse controls are weird... there is no cursor/reticle thing, and it seems jerky... like you can only look in 8 different directions....

Driving is good, but some of the physics/proportions are a bit out of whack.... (Such as the bus is a litttleee short)

The graphics should have been cel shaded... And the game should have guns and foot missions...

I agree 100 % so who made this game anyway, maybe we should give 'em a piece of our minds. Who knows they might already be considering the sequel..

Zim2411 said:

There are a few issues..

One big problem is you are using a keyboard and mouse. It is a "mission based driving" or was it "driving based mission" game and keyboard is the worst for driving. I really don't see more then a few people enjoying it with out a steering wheel or game pad.

The console isn't jerky, so theres something wrong with the game or your getting low FPS.

I know why its "driving based mssions." Its because there are hardly any foot based mssions. That really sucks and the fact that everything was timed sucked too. It would have been nice had they intergrated a decent combat system, but its not as easy as giving Homer a gun and letting him rampage killing everybody. That just doesn't jive with the TV show So it may have been more diffucult to do then other games, but it would have been nice had they figured something out.

It is more of Road Rage then it is GTA. I definitly would have like more of a GTA style game. Maybe they will do that with the next one. The town was great and the gfx (IMO) were fantaqstic too. I thought Cel shading would have been good, but really grew to like the gfx. The last level (the zobie level) looked VERY cool. That was one of the best looking levels I've seen in any game.

Next time I'm hoping for the same thing with more GTA... or True Crime added and less timed driving missions.

Oh yeah, and a difficulty setting so i can put it on easy for some of those ***** missions.

Back