• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to tell....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LiveForThis

Registered
if your CPU is locked? Again I apologize if this is a completely ignorant question. But I didnt get the numbers off of the CPU so I cant find out by that.

I can change the multiplier, but as somebody said, they could too but it didnt do anything. Is there any other way to find out?

Try changing the multiplier. If the speed of the CPU changes, then it works. If the speed stays the same, then it didn't work and it's locked.

Your CPU's deafult multiplier is x11 and the default speed is 1833MHz. Try upping the multiplier to x12 or lowering it to x10, if you get a different CPU speed, then its unlocked

The Coolest said:
Your CPU's deafult multiplier is x11 and the default speed is 1833MHz. Try upping the multiplier to x12 or lowering it to x10, if you get a different CPU speed, then its unlocked

I had the multiplier set to 13X and lowered it to the default, which changed the speed. Setting it up to 13.5 changed the speed, also. Im pretty sure that proves it is unlocked.

Oh, I see.
Well I see you got HyperX RAM which supposed to be real good, I suggest you check out how high you can get that thing, I'm guessing 200MHz w/ a bit relaxed timings shouldn't be a problem

Back