• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP QUICK: Designing a Computer Case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
PLEASE HELP ME QUICKLY

I have to design a computer case by tomorrow morning (the 20th)for my welding class, and I have to make it according to the dimensions and all that I will hand in tomorrow during 3rd period.

Please give me any ideas on what I should make..I am pretty sure it will be a tower, or atleast based off of a tower..

I was thinking of a sphere comprised of many peices of flat metal, it would end up looking like a soccer ball. one side would have to be straight for the Mobo, and on the bottom have the CDroms, ontop of those the HDs, and then the PSU next to it all sitting at the bottom..

This design could have one fan per plate of metal used..thus a LOT of INput onto the mobo/processor...I could have exhaust out the sides. and the sphere is the strongest figure.

Please do not critisize in this thread, only give me ideas, and tell me how things would not work that I want to do.

and can someone please give me the dimensions of a standard ATX motherboard?

AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP

Is there a standard ATX motherboard size? :p I know the Abit NF7 is a good sized board, check the dimensions on that and build around it.

Sphere idea sounds good, but you want as much exhaust as input or you start losing airflow.

I suggest doing something along the lines of 'modern art' ... if you've ever seen that stuff. Crazy! Or if you really wanna get unique, build like a space shuttle or some type of vehicle. Put some LED fans around it, live it up. :D

Anyway, my 2/100 dollars and it back to work for me!

yeah, what size is that?

and I might liven it up, but after I do all of the welding and dimensions.

thanks, what I am going to end up doing is do it over the weekend, so that I can see today what other people did, and how they did it..

I'll only get a few points off........ I hope.

Back