• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What would u recommend? Mobo pick from Iwill.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[OC]_SR20DE

I'm thinking for getting a Iwill kk266 mobo for the T-bird processor. I also saw Iwill KA266. I don't see the difference except..it's Magik chipset for north and south bridge controller on the mobo. kk266 has the Via KT133A chipset. Which one do you guys think it will more likely be better or more overclockable? Do u recommend Via KT133A over an Ali Magik chipset? tell me pls.

If you want Iwill then the kk266 seems the better but the epox seems to be getting all the attention latley.

I put together a 8k7a for my boss the other day and wasnt very impressed with it, maybe was just a bad board or cpu batch eh? I like my kk266, and I'm sure Iwill puts out some crappy parts now and then just like everyone else.

The KA can use DDR whereas the KK is only for SDRAM - I think that is the main difference between the two. From what I have read the KK266 is a very good board for overclocking - but if you want DDR then perhaps something using the AMD760 chipset or wait until the SiS735 boards come out.

Thank you all. :*
I now see the difference between Ka266 and KK266. Yeah I'm looking for just SDRAM based mobo, so I'll go with the KK266. Thanks!

Back