• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD-Me

Ok, i recently got an Epox 8RDA from newegg. After installing it and getting my watercooling up and running it was running solid...till i bought some Crucial pc3200 to try and run at 200fsb stable. Upon installign the stick i immediatly booted to 200fsb and began to run sandra and hexus pifast...all was well till i went for 3d mark 2001, to my suprise there were artifacts all over the screen! I checked my video card settings, no overclocks. So i return the ram thinking its bad, and buy some kingston HyperX pc3500, again i get the same problems at 200fsb, so i decide to knock it down to 195fsb and stable ever since.

Is this a northbridge problem? Or am i just really unlucky?

FYI- This is unmodded with original cooling (would NB heat cause such artifacts?)

Thanx

I would say yes you need to do the vdd mod it's simple I have my 8rda running 1.9 on the vdd with a iceberg copper cooler and running 218 fsb stable before all mod's 192 was my max. Try also the memory slot closiest to the cpu socket.

Back