• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone tried this yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nice link, looks pretty neat but the airflow is so weak,it NEEDS to somehow be able to produce cooling from some sort of liquid coolant.

Check the specs at the bottom:
5800 rpm, 13.6 cfm, 38 dBA
The cfm/dba and cfm/$ ratios don't look very good to me. Might be handy for a few specialized applications, but none that would apply to me.

peace.
unloaded

On a review site, pcabusers i think said that it felt like 50-60cfm instead of 13.3cfm and it was a bit loud. But they said 1 of those fans replace ALL their case fans because it Increase AIR CIRCULATION soooo muchhhh!!!

I might get 3 of these...1 for intake, 1 for exhaust, 1 for video cooling.

It was so light that one guy put it on top of his Radon card to cool down

It says it replaces case fans and it circulates air alot.
The Tornados i cannot stand even ON THE LOWEST POSSIBLE SETTING it makes high whining noises and annoys the hell out of me. My girlfriend went CRAZY around my computer. The filters in my case only make it worse. Plus i have to mod to make them fit so i just returned them after playing with them for 4 hours last night.
Iam looking at to buy this new dynatron cross blower but dont know how it would perform?

Buy it, give us a report, and if its crap make sure they have a nice return policy.

The thing with those cross blowers straight airflow that is a bit more effective when spot cooling. Thats why if you put your hand right next to it ...it FEELS sort of like a fairly high cfm axial fan. The cross blower fan should be good for video card cooling but would not be good for case airflow. 13cfm is just not enough, its not an air conditioner either, does not chill the air. Case fan airflow isnt really all that restrictive and axial fans do a much better job since they are designed for that. You may like to get some 120mm 80cfm fans for casefans...they are pretty low noise and much better airflow. http://mpja.com/listitems.asp?dept=48&main=46 has a very good listing of fans for you to look at. Maybe you would like a 24v version of these large fans. Getting lots of case airflow with low noise means large fans. Hope this helps out.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=242967&perpage=30&pagenumber=1

Case airflow isnt that restrictive? LOL my case has psu wires everywhere...i cant tie them because of the way the power supply is. I really wanna try this..maybe 3 of these will be enough to cool better than the tornado...i am going to order 1 on monday but theres a problem.
Is bestbyte.net a goodplace to trust? they are the only ones that sell it and i purchase with my credit card so are they trustworthy?

Well, I think you are wasting your time and money, 13cfm=13cfm no matter whats moving it. If you really wanna try one out have a look at -> http://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2003112112142260&item=16-1183&catname=electric It's about twice as long but it's only $8.95 and it moves 50 cfm. At least if its too loud you can slow it down and still have some decent flow. Lots of the other surplus sites carry similar. If you like em, I'm sure you can find the sizes you want for much cheaper than your original link.

peace.
unloaded

wow nice. Will it fit in like a drive bay or something? Also how loud is it? My torndaos at the lowest possible speed on the hardcano were too loud. And is 12v drawage too much? When i put 2 tornados in 1 channel...the tornados wont even start because the volt drawage is too much for the controller in channel 1. in channel 3 it would work thouhgh

Heatsinkguy said:
And is 12v drawage too much? When i put 2 tornados in 1 channel...the tornados wont even start because the volt drawage is too much for the controller in channel 1. in channel 3 it would work thouhgh

found this on thermaltakes website.

If the fan unit you wish to control is over 0.35Amp, please connect it to either Speed Controller # 2 or 3. However, the total current of fan unit is less than 0.35Amp, please connect it to Fan1 or Fan 4.
If 4 or more Silent Fan Units are chain connected altogether, please attach the set to either Speed Controller #2 or #3.
This is because each Silent Fan Unit requires 0.10Amp:
[0.1Amp X 4 Silent Fan Units] is greater than 0.35Amp, so it must be connected to Fan2 or Fan3 only.

Forget about the fan controller
Now i want to know if the dynatron cross blower is good. Is there anyone that ACTUALLY TRIED IT?

Blower fans can be very good sometimes, so give it a try. But I think you will get tired of fans fairly quickly and become the waterblockguy.

If I were you I would just buy it, try it out, and then return it if you don't like it.

As for water - silent, efficient, more fun, and looks nicer - you might want to try it out some time and ditch all your noisy delta fans ;)

Back