• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bootable windows CD much like Knoppix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That's Awesome! Having windows on CD for recovery is really handy since DOS dosen't (nativley) do the NTFS thang...

JigPu

reading it more thorougly this time...it kicks ***! gonna do this when I get home!! :)

now we just need to add FAH to it hehe :p

and mmmmm plugin goodness... wonder if I could pack chntpw into this as well... or maybe knoppix itself...hmmmmm

Last edited:
Oni said:
Only for XP and Win2k3 Server, eh?

Would it be possible to adapt for Win2k?

I wonder, will have to try it first though... I wonder if it can be done with an eval copy of 2k3... will have to try that too.

Not good for F@H though. This line is in the FAQ

To prevent its use as a pirated operating system, WinPE automatically stops running the shell and reboots after 24 hours of continuous use.

But still looks cool:D

This is amazing! I wonder if this is what some other people mentioned before now.

I thought it might have been just windows 98 though. The fact that you can get XP or 2003 booting off a CD like Knoppix is just amazing!

sticky?

Thats definitely neat. Now someone needs to hack this windows hack so you can run it longer than 24hrs...

I wonder if it would run as well as knoppix does on my p166, 128mb ram, no hdd.

Mark

Minjin said:
Thats definitely neat. Now someone needs to hack this windows hack so you can run it longer than 24hrs...

I wonder if it would run as well as knoppix does on my p166, 128mb ram, no hdd.

Mark

I think its got close to the same sys reqs as XP itself does..

I have used Bart's PEBuilder since the original version and it's pretty cool. The only complaint I have is that on my system using my Microsoft Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse, I have not gotten them to work under it. If I had the time, I could probably figure it out, but I will not have time until December.

I wonder if this would work for "That guy" at LAN parties that always has windows problems. Fresh install every time and you would just have to install the games (maybe?) and new drivers.

Awesome. Now all you have to do is keep a few SETI packets on a floppy, and bam! Instant cruncher, wherever you go.

Posidon42 said:
I wonder if this would work for "That guy" at LAN parties that always has windows problems.

:D so true! theres a guy like that who goes to LANs with some friends of mine. anyways, very handy indeed.

i_am_tux said:

:D so true! theres a guy like that who goes to LANs with some friends of mine. anyways, very handy indeed.

Hush, you :rolleyes:

Yes, once my hacker monkeys get through with this...Windows PE, I will be unstoppable! (At LANs :D)

Back