• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking Classic AMD 850 MHz Athlon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HojoMoko

This is my first time to post something here. I have a ASUS K7V with the final version of the BIOS (1007) and a classic 850 MHz Athlon with 512K cache running at 340 MHz (2/5 of the core) and 512 megs of PC133 Memory. I am using a heatsink that has duel fans on it. I have another large fan at the bottom of the case, the powersupply fan (300 Watt) and the video cards fan (not to useful for overclocking the main proc, hunh) - that's 5 fans total. I would like to know the easiest and safest way to overclock my Athlon proc without any extra cooling. Like what should I set the mulitplier to and how to do it and what voltage setting I should use. Stuff like that. What would be a good stable speed I should overclock to? Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Well if u want to overclock the via the multiplier check this out....

I do not know how much slot A processrs can take.....the highest u would get would be 1ghz since thats where amd stoped gonig higher...the multiplyer way u have to crack open the cpu case and stick on the overclocking device u can make one u can buy one on ebay if they still sell them.... or u can do the FSB but everthing overclocks and u have less chance of succeding becuase ugot PCI agp and mem that are all going outa of SPEC.... well i wish u good luck o/c in any way u choose :)

u need to crack open your cpu case.......stick a better cooler(with thermal grease) and a gold finger device that enables u to change multipliers and set L something cache divider.......that's what i heard from people

Contact me by ICQ I know a guy who's selling a GFD that allow to set the multiplier up to 10.5, VCore up to 2.05V, and set L2 Ratio.

I have the same Cpu on one of my computers and an Abit KA7-100.:D

Back