• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Super Urgent, Intel Graphics Compare Please Read Fast!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dguy6789

Im going to goto a friends house real soon. He has a celeron 2.6ghz with intel extreme graphics. I have a spare radeon 9000 pro 128MB. Would this be worth upgrading him to? PLEASE HURRY. he needs a new gpu bad, is a 9000 pro faster then a intel extreme graphics?

A 9000Pro is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (sry) superior to Intel's integrated gfx.

I have a friend who works in sales. Every now and then, the Intel rep comes around. One day, my friend asked him 'Do you guys support your videocards in Win2k and WinXP'. The guy responded w/ 'We made videocards?!'

Go w/ the Radeon. You friend will be happier.

The integrated performance of ATI's 9100 IGP kicks the pants off the integrated Intel's IGP. So a Radeon 9000 would be far superior. The IGP in Intel's i865G chipset is far worse then the MX440 IGP in nVidia's nForce2.

It would be about like going from a GF2MX to a GF4 Ti.

ok hehe good. My friend will be real happy then, the intel extreme is the best graphics he has ever used.

It's 3 times faster in most of benchmark. Sometimes upto
4-5 times. Plus INTEL's Junk GPU can not even run some of
the 3D software because it doesn't support DX8.

Actually I read a review where they said that a Geforce 2 Ultra was 5-7 times faster than the Intel Extreme graphics.

So in conclusion, friends dont let friends use integrated graphics (unless the integration is from nvidia or ati).

There are several versions of the extreme graphics. The newest one is slightly slower than a gf2mx. Not the mx400, but original mx.

Yuriman said:
There are several versions of the extreme graphics. The newest one is slightly slower than a gf2mx. Not the mx400, but original mx.

I had a geforce2mx. a dog of a card that was.

the new computers at my local LAN center are intel (P4? Celeron?)2.6GHz with integrated intel graphics. it could barely run BF1942 at ANY resolution.

Chowdy said:

I had a geforce2mx. a dog of a card that was.

the new computers at my local LAN center are intel (P4? Celeron?)2.6GHz with integrated intel graphics. it could barely run BF1942 at ANY resolution.

i hope they dont host many game tourneys at that LAN center if all of their computers have intel extreme(ly lame) graphics..couldnt they afford to grab something like a geforce 4 mx at least :(

every time someone uses intel extreme graphics for gaming, baby jesus crys :(

Yea hehe, he has a 2.6Ghz celly and intel extreme, the best there is. LMAO it was so slow, my gf2 mx400 is about 5 times faster. He ran c&c generals at about 5fps lowest settings, while gf2mx400 could do 40 fps at those settings.

I work on computers quite a bit for family and friends, and friends of friends. It is something that I do on the side. Anyways, upgrading from onboard graphics to a dedicated video card, wrether it be an agp card, or even an older pci video card is always a big boost to games and graphics intensive programs. About the only onboard graphics that are any good at all are the Nvidia onboard, and the newer ATI onboard graphics chipsets. Even then a dedicated card is still usually a boost with thier own dedicated faster memory.

I bet they could make a crapload of cash just because it says intel on the card. I see people in circuit city all the time trying to compare nvidia cards to tv tuner cards. Hehe, what an upgrade it would be from their onboard gfx.

Yuriman said:
I see people in circuit city all the time trying to compare nvidia cards to tv tuner cards.

Its too bad that people are often so uneducated about what things are/prices that they get taken advantage of. I see it happen all the time when I go into bestbuy.

"Wow, this one has 256mb of memory! Its gotta be fast!" :(
-Linky-

TruckyJ said:

Its too bad that people are often so uneducated about what things are/prices that they get taken advantage of. I see it happen all the time when I go into bestbuy.

"Wow, this one has 256mb of memory! Its gotta be fast!" :(
-Linky-

I heard FX5200 is just as fast as a MX440 without running Directx 9.0. Something with such performance only worth $50 at most. I feel sorry for whoever fall for it with $150.

By the way, there are more than just a few people match your describition. Most people around here ask "how much memory does your video card have?" when they want to know how good your video card is. It's the only fact they think about the performance of a video card. I had to explain the basic thing every time.

Last edited:
Tis a sad day when people purchase such cards at such prices. The FX5200 is faster then an mx440,(around 9000 non pro speeds) while the 5200 Ultra is faster then a radeon 8500 128. But lets see you find a 5200 ultra for 50 - 70 bucks, which is what it is worth.

Back