• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED AXIA TBIRD at 2.086 GHZ This is real proof! Not like the previous Duron post at 1.62 GHZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Me

AXIA TBIRD at 2.086 GHZ This is real proof! Not like the previous Duron post at 1.62 GHZ

Click on the link and you will see

Notice the multiple screenshots showing proof that in fact this computer is running at 2.086 GHZ! Unlike the Duron at 1.62 GHZ HAHAHAH BS
THIS IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF SHOWING PROOF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
click on the link up top for more screen shots!

This is getting out of hand, if all ya gonna do is rag on our senior members, there are other web sites that would welcome you. We do not need this kind of crap here. I think I speak for a mojority of the people here, we are a like a family here, not an episode of Jerry Springer.

Yeah, this is rather uncalled for. If you have a problem with Mr. Cotterill I suggest you take it up with him. His Duron that he got to 1.62 GHz was a pre-production sample Morgan core - not the Spitfire core that current production Durons are. I, frankly, believe him but it's up to you whether you believe it or not. You just lost my respect - you took it to a personal level. If you dont believe him thats fine but for the sake of general order, please dont tear in to him. If everyone did this this forum would be a useless flame war board and I don't think any regular patrons of the forum want to see that. I'm not a senior member but consider yourself warned.

SickBoy

Have you seen that PC in real life?.. That is a blurry screen shot and as such can be faked it is no more proof than anything else displayed in a picture on this Forum including Andys Duron (which I believe). I realise that you wish to believe this and not Andys and that is your right.. but lets face it, we have to take things with a bit of faith here, and this includes advice and peoples claims. Considering that I have obtained good advice from Andy in the past and am aware of what he can obtain. I choose to believe him although I am aware that neither his pic or a blurry screen shot is 100% proof

A thread concerning this very computer was started a while back.

Lets all post at the origional thread, and keep things on the topic, rather than having another pointless debate about whos got photoshop

[oc]SickBoy (Jul 31, 2001 05:08 p.m.):
Yeah, this is rather uncalled for. If you have a problem with Mr. Cotterill I suggest you take it up with him. His Duron that he got to 1.62 GHz was a pre-production sample Morgan core - not the Spitfire core that current production Durons are. I, frankly, believe him but it's up to you whether you believe it or not. You just lost my respect - you took it to a personal level. If you dont believe him thats fine but for the sake of general order, please dont tear in to him. If everyone did this this forum would be a useless flame war board and I don't think any regular patrons of the forum want to see that. I'm not a senior member but consider yourself warned.

SickBoy

Could not be said better

Have u checked there fourm with the thread there is more pictures.....and one with the monitor and that pic i dont believe it can be faked at that level...i think a standard screen shot has a bigger possiblity of being faked then a shot with a Digital camera.....by the way the duron @1.62Ghz is awsome and this athlon takes the cake for the highest ever overclocked cpu....both ppl are extreme overclockers thats requires time and money to make watercoolers and other stuff....i will never do something like that....i just like getting a little bit mroe outa my cpu with my current set up..... i hate it when ppl critisize the extreme overclockers its has a luck factor to it that u will get the best cpu produced and your skill and knowldge....if u wana diss those ppl u dont realy belong here..u should be respecting what there doing i nkow i respect them ALOT...

I don't want to get in on the is it real controversy, (I have no reason to believe it's not), but isn't it possible to doctor a screen shot, display it on the monitor and then shoot it with a camera?

This is unnecessary. There's already a thread about the 2 ghz o/c, and you started this one to bring up an argument that caused the original Morgan thread to be locked.

[oc]SickBoy (Jul 31, 2001 05:08 p.m.):

SickBoy

Well said!

GuNRocK (Jul 31, 2001 08:43 p.m.):
Have u checked there fourm with the thread there is more pictures.....and one with the monitor and that pic i dont believe it can be faked at that level...i think a standard screen shot has a bigger possiblity of being faked then a shot with a Digital camera.....by the way the duron @1.62Ghz is awsome and this athlon takes the cake for the highest ever overclocked cpu....both ppl are extreme overclockers thats requires time and money to make watercoolers and other stuff....i will never do something like that....i just like getting a little bit mroe outa my cpu with my current set up..... i hate it when ppl critisize the extreme overclockers its has a luck factor to it that u will get the best cpu produced and your skill and knowldge....if u wana diss those ppl u dont realy belong here..u should be respecting what there doing i nkow i respect them ALOT...

I guess that my comments could be understood to be critical however it was not intended to be so. I am in awe of anyone who attempts such an overclock and rather than state that anyone is not telling the truth, I was attempting to point out that we must take this type of imformation in good faith in the same manner as we take advice in good faith. I clearly used a bad example but wished to point out that any picture does not provide proof and rather than be critical of anyones claim I just wished to point out that there has been pictures of apparent Alien space craft and Elvis shopping in K-Mart, while these prove the possibility they do not provide proof and I view pictures of large overclocks in the same way.
It really makes no difference to me however I would enjoy the debate on a high overclock, but I do consider calling other Forum users liers or suggesting BS to be a negative thing as no one can prove they are, and this was what I was trying to point out... Everything is possible and everything could be possibly faked, make up your own minds and ask questions if you doubt the claim, but dont insult other people.

I think that Me should win an award....waste of bandwidth award for posting that pic!

When are people going to learn, its easy to fake your frequency. I could EASILY fake my computer to be a 3Ghz in sisoft, 3dmk2k1 AND not just screenshot it but actually photo it. Ever heard of photo applications fullscreen display? I have several programs that can display just a 1024x768 (or whatever desktop res is) image on the screen until you press a key.

I believe andys post. His is one of the few that I do. He actually has a photograph of the morgan chip. Thats enough evidence for me.

TranceBear (Jul 31, 2001 05:01 p.m.):
This is getting out of hand, if all ya gonna do is rag on our senior members, there are other web sites that would welcome you. We do not need this kind of crap here. I think I speak for a mojority of the people here, we are a like a family here, not an episode of Jerry Springer.

What is the problem man-have you not seen andy's web page, do u not know who he is of what he can do? He sas some insane hookups over there, he gets tons of stuff not available to the public yet-like his nforce board, and other stuff, that was a morgan Duron not a Spitfire-its a whold different core. Whats the big deal we make tbird hit over 1.6 and everyone buys it but a Duro at 1.6 why is that so hard to believe

[OC] Jason (Aug 01, 2001 09:03 a.m.):
Whats the big deal we make tbird hit over 1.6 and everyone buys it but a Duro at 1.6 why is that so hard to believe

well, it's not that I don't believe Andy can get his Morgan to 1.6 GHz (I do believe that), but for the sake of playing Devil's Advocate, 1.6 GHz for a Spitfire core WOULD be unbelievable. I haven't seen or heard of a Spitfire going any higher than the 1250-1300 MHz range (even that high is kinda rare and requires voltmodding and watercooling). The core just simply isn't capable of that. It makes sense that the Morgans will be able to go that high - the Spitfires came out at 600, 650 and 700 MHz initially. That core is going all the way to 1 GHz, possibly higher. Thats a 400 MHz range, but look at the range for TBirds - all the way from 650 to 1.4(maybe higher)(talking rated speeds, of course). It wouldn't surprise me for Morgan to start at 1.1 and go all the way to 1.8 or 1.9 before AMD's next value processor comes out. But once again, Me didn't really take the time to consider what he was doing or even what he was talking about, he just needed a little more information.

SickBoy

you DO know that andy DID use a Morgan, and you yourself said that maybe a Morgan can do it but not a Spitfire- well he didnt use a spitfire.

I don't think that YOU with such a lack of experience ( 335 posts) shouldn't be saying that andy (wild_andy_c), Is a lying Bser. He has like 8 time the posts you have, with all the knowledge to back it up. Thats right, he was using a pre-production Morgan core.

If you still think he is lying, and what have you....why don't you go take a look at his website. HERE

www.wildandyc.co.uk and then you tell me he is not a overclocker but a lyer. He had a screenshot of sandra. Go take a look at the post.

If all your gonna do is start trouble on this forum, i think you should go elsewhere.

[OC] Jason (Aug 01, 2001 12:54 p.m.):
you DO know that andy DID use a Morgan, and you yourself said that maybe a Morgan can do it but not a Spitfire- well he didnt use a spitfire.

Yeah I know that, but what I was saying is that maybe Me didn't know that....

SickBoy

I decided to just prove a point and show that there is software available which creates fake benchmark scores.
Heres my aircooled Duron benchmarks using the cheat (also pictured below the benchmarks), would it be more belivable if I got out my webcam and took a picture ?.. pick a benchmark, any benchmark and how you would like it and I will fake it without photoshop!!!

This is my very point, look at these claims objectively and make up your own mind, I have my view and it may differ from yours however calling other people liers does nothing for the forum..

If anyone believes my benchmarks.. I would like to point out that I have a Duron for sale that can go as fast as you want on air cooling, pick a speed I have benchmarks.. hehe, actually its only ever hit 1050 mhz

Any answer from 'Me'? Cmon, you can retract your accusation if you like - clearly Andy has a lot of support here, I don't think you're going to change anybody's mind.

Just remember, absence of proof is not proof of absence. I could have a duron at a gig, but if I don't take any benchmarks of it does it make it any less true? I know the point's been made before, but I don't think Andy is making an outrageous claim - who's to say a Morgan can't hit 1.6gig? No-one else (AFAIK) has had a chance to find out yet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back