• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.4GHz 266FSB or 1.4GHz 200FSB ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cookedcomp

my mian concern here is the quality of the chip. the way i see it is that with the 1.4GHz 200FSB chip you actualy get more MHz for your money and a higher quality chip because it is set to run at 14*100. Where as the 266 chip is basicaly a overclocked 1100 running at 10.5*133. My second concern is will a 200FSB chip be capable of just as high of FSB as a 266FSB chip? Is there a reason why the 266 cost less than the 200? any help would be very good :)

trust me the 266 chips are better and will go higher so it is a no brainer if they are cheaper too! btw they are probably the same stepping since no 1.4 that I have heard of is anything other than *brain fart* A_HJA

Stepping code is more important. Make sure you come away with a 1.4 GHz AYJHA with a Y as the first character on the second line. The 200 or 266 FSB rating used to be an indicator of chip stepping or age but it's not so much anymore, as AMD's fabs are producing chips of both flavors.

SickBoy

Back