• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

umm oops?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peppy

well here is somthin you guys have probally heard before? ok i got my new 1.33 ghz ayhja week 23 athlon, it is unlocked, and i gently put it on my mo bo, (iwill kk266) put thermal grease on (radio shack), and then the heatsink and fan, a thermoengine, with a delta 38i set it on the processor then try as lightly as i can to put the h/f on and ok it gets on, torn the thing on and i let it run, 20 seconds later it still hasent put anything on my monitor, and it starts to smell (bad),so i immediatly pull the plugh and check things out, to my surprise i think i chipped the sides of it, i was super mad, (ill show a pic in a bit), try a whoile lot of stuff to try and get this thing to run the 1 day later i deemed it broke:( im a kid,14,no money, worked all sumer saving up) for new comp,and now i have to try and return this cpu, to econo pc, where i got it from, and on the back of the invoice it says,no returns shall be excepted on cpu's that show phsical damage! S***, then my mom yealls at me for swearing,so i guess my question is, what should i tell them so i can get a new one,(and then ill get a shim), it also says if a return is made i only get 85% of what i payed, and i have to pays/h there and back at the price of 12.95. i used a creditcard (visa) , so i was wondering if they could help me? please help, for me?

If it's a retail chip then going through AMD directly might be an option for RMA purposes.

I did the same thing to my P3 1GHz last Friday when testing out a new heatsink. Barely chipped along one side of it and seemed to have scratched some of the blue coating off of the top.

I figure they either will accept it or they won't. I already bought another but if I can get this one I'll have the two I originally I was shooting for in my VP6.

The core should not have done this so I'm going to try and blame it on the stock heatsink and fan it came with.

thanks for ure qoute, ill give em a call, and just tell them i dont know whats up, its just dead. i think that'll work.

more info would help from others though?

Back