• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI 9600 xt or Gf 4 ti4800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Freddie

I have a ati 9600 xt and my friend has a gf 4 ti4800 (not usre if it is SE or not). Could you tell me which one is better. 3d mark ect. I was told that my one is a better dx 9 performer. Could tell please tell me which one is better. Thanks for your help. I hope that you give mje the reply that i want so i can tell him.
P.S. I hope that he gets run over on the way to school. No offence.

well, yours will always do better in direct x 9, as the ti series has no support for it. also with aa/af being used you will probably do equal to or better than a ti4400/4600 (which is all a 4800 is with agp8x added, the se denotes which one it is but im not sure off hand). however, in most of todays games they will be roughly equal with a small lead going to the 4800

9600XT is hands down the better card.

You can run virtually any game w/ gobs of FSAA, get great fps, and he can't. Additionally, you card is a DirectX9.0 card, while his is a DirectX8 card.

"P.S. I hope that he gets run over on the way to school. No offence."

shame on you. for this, I hope no one replies to your thread and that it gets locked

Well, if I were given a choice between the two, I'd take the 9600XT.

He said no offence, OC550. :D ;)

i dont know why oc550 but the xt is a way better card so instead of wishing that he dies just be happy that you have a better graphic card..:)

He never said that he wanted him to die, just to get run over :)

p.s. for the humor impaired, I am just egging this on :D

lol, i say i wish people died all the time, but i rarely mean it. like once i told my girfriends, friend, before we went to watch the Hulk, that i wished the hulk jump out of the screen, rip her arms off and beat her to death with her own arms, she didnt like it very much, but i thought it was hilarious. :)

snyper1982 said:
lol, i say i wish people died all the time, but i rarely mean it. like once i told my girfriends, friend, before we went to watch the Hulk, that i wished the hulk jump out of the screen, rip her arms off and beat her to death with her own arms, she didnt like it very much, but i thought it was hilarious. :)

This actually happened to my sister. I'm never seeing that movie again.

Back