• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Multi on my DL3TC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cbakey

For some reason if i change my Multi to any thing execpt 11 or 11.5 my computer will not boot? can anyone help me out with this? I am running the newest bios for the NF7-S rev 2. the Proc is a DL3TC JIUHB XPMW 3010.

There have been problems with 10 and 10.5 not working on the newer BIOS versions. Are you sure none of the other ones work? Try 9 and 12 and make sure your CPU isn't being pushed harder than normally.

THe thing is i first saw the problem at 9 than went up to 9.5 same thing 10 and 10.5 also, i havent tried anything lower but i was really looking for the 10.5 and the 9 so with the 10.5 i could run my ram possably faster and the 9 to see how far my ram will go, but i defently do not need to go anyhigher with the multi, so i go back to a difference bios or just deal?

hitechjb1 said:
From my experience overclocking two NF7-S rev 2.0, which has the best FSB potential, but some are very sensitive and require all kinds of trick to get it to work at high FSB.

- One failed mysteriously at multiplier 9, 9.5. 10 (hang, crash), could only do 215 MHz FSB. But with the right bios (version 10 only which is not recommended due to bios corruption), FSB_sense 166 mod, CPU interface enable, it can do 230 FSB with memory efficiency at around 95%.

- Another one can do 225 MHz without any trick and mod and bios change. But nothing can help it to go higher (limited by memroy controller in NB). Even with this one, there are problems with multiplier <= 10, memory efficiency suffers by 5-7%.
I only need mulitplier 11 or 11.5, since my CPU's can run 225 x 11 or 225 x 11.5, so multiplier 10 is not a problem for me.

Even you think your bios can handle multiplier 10 or under, I think better check the memory efficiency. It should be around 95% for this motherboard w/ CPU interface enable. If you get memory efficiency of only 89%, it is equivalent to losing 12-15 MHz FSB.

For details about the testing, effect of various bios version, bios setting, FSB_sense mod, memory efficiency, ...., click this link:
Summary on overclocking the NF7-S rev 2.0 (with Tbred B 1700+ DLT3C and ...) (page 15)

Thank you, Right now my computer is folding stable for about 30 min. now at 2420Mhz so i am going to leave it there over night and see what happens 221*11 but for soem reason the bios only says 220*11 when set to 221? so ill see how it looks in the morning.

Back