• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

more load at higher fsb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wibarm

well I started this threadlast week in the video section... but since it might be my power supply in question i'll post a link to it hear for some more input because i'm not 100% convinced...

here's a summary...

at 174 fsb i can get extra 80 mhz overclock on my video card than at 210 fsb... i'm having roruble seeing a correlation between fsb speed and load though... i'll use the same cpu and ram voltages in both cases... any additional input is welcome... thanks much

I don't know much about the ABit NF7 board you have. Are the AGP/PCI completely independent of the FSB or do you have to set the multiplier for them depending on your FSB?

If they are linked to your FSB then at a higher FSB, you'll AGP port will of course be running at a higher mhz which would be basically overclocking your card. That would explain why you can get more overclock out of your card when the FSB is lower.

i understand what your saying but the nf7 has a fsb lock.. soi don;t think that is the issue...

i was testign with multi meter and my 12V is 11.93 ish at idle and drop to abotu 11.83 underload... at 174 fsb... so i kinda think it may be powersupply..i ordered new one.. so we'll see...

Back