• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my 2500+ barton and 512 XMS what settings?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djpeetur

I got
Nf7-s rev 2
2x256 Corsair xms v1.1 which is BH-5 i think pc3500
and unlocked 2500+ barton

i am able to run it at stock speed 200x11 easily.

How far can i push with this combo. What memory setting and voltage should i put and APIC on or OFF, fsb,cpu ratio, cpu feature thing. The whole 9 yards of setting i need to kno

TIA

I have a similar setup. My Corsair PC3500C2 would go up to 216mhz @ 2-2-2-5 timings at 2.8v for DDR voltage. So you can try your CPU at 215x10.5 or 11x if you raise the CPU voltage a bit, only way to know is to try. CPU interface enabled. Put your Chipset Voltage at 1.7v. FSB/DRAM ratio at 6/6. I would leave APIC on.

You can start at 215mhz x 10 = 2150 and it if crashes then it's the RAM that would be holding you back since the CPU is running slower than your stated speed 200 x 11 = 2200. If you can do 215mhz then go up by 5mhz increments till you crash and go back down from there at 1mhz steps. Eventually you will find a sweet spot, every system is different so the best way to find out is to try. Good luck.

I agree with joebroni except for the APIC suggestion. It's been noted that having APIC on while installing windows could potentially limit the o/c on your FSB.

Make sure you down load Prime95, Memtest86 and Sandra or something similiar to run benchmarks and test the stability of your rig as you increase FSB and tighten memory timings - corrupted BIOS, Registry entries and HDDs suck. I've heard varying things regarding APIC mode, I run with it disabled as it has a huge effect on video performance (20-25%) in 98SE, I don't believe it has as much effect in 2K or XP. Remember that this needs to be set before loading your OS as the only way to change it is with a clean install. I believe you'll find more info on this over at www.rojakpot.com in their BIOS Optimization Guide
Regards, Balrog

Back