• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Khx Pc3000 Bh-5 ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Methical_K

How well are these overclocking/performing?

Currently picking out what parts I plan on buying for a new rig I'm building and I'm just wondering on how well these sticks perform. My main choice is 2x512 Mushkin Level 2 PC3500 but it costs alot more (i can get 2x512 KHX for around 150).

I'd be going with an Abit IC7 w/P4 2.4c or NF7 rev2 w/barton 2500. Still trying to decide. Any insight?

I think the khx3000 has either bh-5 or bh-6, i think they have great performance for the price but according to "testimonials" on this site, the mushkin is probably ultimately faster. It all depends on the exact stick/s you get really.

I recently bought the HyperX PC3000 modules 2x512MB kit from newegg.com. I did not take off the heatspreader to see what kind of chips they are using, I tried but I dont have a tool to take them off so I gave up. I can only get 200 mhz out of them at 2-3-2-7 timings @ 2.9v on my NF7-S. Any tighter timings or higher mhz would crash, I use 3Dmark2001 Lobby High Detail test on infinite loop and they would drop me back to desktop before the 5th loop. Needless to say I am disappointed in these sticks. My previous Corsair XMS PC3500C2 does 216mhz 2-2-2-5 @ 2.8v however they are 2x256MB sticks.

joebroni said:
I recently bought the HyperX PC3000 modules 2x512MB kit from newegg.com. I did not take off the heatspreader to see what kind of chips they are using, I tried but I dont have a tool to take them off so I gave up. I can only get 200 mhz out of them at 2-3-2-7 timings @ 2.9v on my NF7-S. Any tighter timings or higher mhz would crash, I use 3Dmark2001 Lobby High Detail test on infinite loop and they would drop me back to desktop before the 5th loop. Needless to say I am disappointed in these sticks. My previous Corsair XMS PC3500C2 does 216mhz 2-2-2-5 @ 2.8v however they are 2x256MB sticks.

These sticks only come in bh-5 or 6 right, not ch-5? If so I'm kind of disappointed, maybe had my hopes too high. Then again, you get what you pay for I suppose. I'll try and see how others are doing with this ram before I decide. $130 is a pretty big difference in price, money that could be put to get a better video card maybe.

joebroni said:
The 256MB HyperX3000 would do at leat 216 2-2-2-5. Gotta compare apples to apples.

I just ordered the mushkin level II 1 gig dual channel kit, Looks like theyre an AMD fans dream come true, 4-2-2-2 at 400 mhz?? and 5-2-2-2 at 434?? THATS GREAT! I heard theyre some of the only modules that'll do 5-2-2-2 at 400mhz dual channel ddr on the 865 and 875 mobos too, but theyre made to be used within their rated speed, anything past that and their lovely latencies start to falter. So they dont seem to be the greatest for intel, but theyre awesome for AMD

Back