• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How To Clean 1.2gig T-Bird?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bubba

Let me start by saying I hope I posted this under the right topic! I'd sure hate to get off on the wrong foot.I'm wanting to get some suggestions on how to clean the Arctic Silver off of my chip.I tried to wipe it off and basically painted my processor silver.I heard nail polish works but wanted to know if I can get it on everything or do I need to be careful not to get it on something?Also after I get it cleaned I'll try taking some pictures of my two processors because they are both 1.2 AXIA Y chips but one has smaller writing on it than the other and also has some #'sin the bottom left corner where as the other does not.Ones a week 12 and the other a 17.Any help appreciated!Thanks

You can use some nail polish remover any kind doesn't matter if its scented or has acitone , then when your done geting that thermal greese off go over your cpu again with any kind of rubbing alcohol.If you don't remove the nail polish it can make your temps very high cause when you reapply the thermal greese it won't make good contact with the cpu.So go remove it with the alcohol gl. o yea don't forget a paper towel hehe.

the arctic silver online instructions say to remove the compound from the ceramic with dishwashing detergent. as for the actual core, i prefer to use monitor wipes. i use a product that contains isopropyl alcohol and having a number of them at my disposal is nice, plus there's no messy liquid around my precious core. if u do it my way, be sure the kind you get wipes with the alco on them. i use a brand i got @ wal-mart for about $5..."Endust Anti-Static Wipes"

Back