• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

So the 440 MX is crap also?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgk

I saw a thread on the 400 as being crap. I only mention this because I saw an ad for Compusa for a Wed night sale (6pm to midnight 11/26). Maddog MX 440 8X 64mb for $30 after rebates. Two $20 rebates. I mentioned it in Cyberdeals with some other stuff. I figured it might make a decent card for budget folks.

It is. I put one in my wife's computer when the old Geforce2 "annihilator" (remember those?) gave up the ghost. It works great for her text documents and the occasional game, although sh eplays Mah jong, and other not so graphic intensive games.

The Nvidia MX series is oldddddddddddddddddddd. Don't get it. My friend has the MX440 64mb card and can't run any games at high resolution. Don't be mistaken that it is a 64Mb card and will run great. GPU (Graphic processing unit) and type of memory are the difference between graphic cards today. If you really want to go cheap, go to ebay and try to bid for a Nvidia TI-200 video card. People are selling that for around $20. It used to be a great card about 1.5-2 years ago. Its not fast base on today's standard at all, but will sure beat the any of the MX series to the ground.

Yeah, I just got that mx440 too, it works great for me. On a tight budget so I couldn't afford any better, I do play some games like CS and Vice City and so on, it does well enough for me on 1024x768 resolution. And the tv out is great! :D
Ofcourse when the time comes for HL2, I'll propaebly need a new card, but hopefully by then I have money for a faster processor and more memory too.

Yes the MX440 is a budget card, but I had a 64mb DDR card that OC to 600mhz mem and over 300 Core, it ran UT2K3 with all features turned to highest and at 1024x768 It was not the fastest, but it ran it well enough to get me buy. I just upgraded to a GF4Ti4400 card and the MX was about 1/2 of the speed of this card.

i have a 64MB MX440 (4x agp) and it plays CCG, SC, DIILOD, GTAVC, MOHAA, CS, Halo, NFS, RTCWET, UT2003 and many other titles just fine.

for $30 you won't find a better card! i use a mx 440 SE as a backup card. it plays any dx8 game out with around 30fps at medium performance settings.

no it's not a ti4200 and you whont be getting 60fps out of it. but youre also not shelling out $100 bucks or better iether!

general gaming with no eye candy, it's a great card!

i've used mine playing final fantasy 11 online and it runs great!

mx440 choice

if u get an mx440 the mad dog version is the fastest 275core -500 mem and has a nice heatsinkfan that is alot better than just those cheap little heatsinks! i also was able to overclock it to 325core -550 stable!! it ran much faster than my fx5200. good luck!

DUDE Check out my sig. I really do need to pull my card out of my machine and get all the numbers I can so that we can find out why this damn card OC's as well as it does. But I have gone as far as posted screenies of this card running at over 600/350

walldow said:
for $30 you won't find a better card! i use a mx 440 SE as a backup card. it plays any dx8 game out with around 30fps at medium performance settings.

Thats because it has no DX8 support. It drops the game back to DX7 mode.

Back