• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 for 2 @ Newegg video Refurbs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Turd Furguson

I just got my 9700Pro this morning by Fedex, came all nice and packaged with everything in tact. Popped it into my system, notta. No BIOS beeps during bootup, or after resetting of BIOS, or change in molex connectors for power. My current vid card (TI4800SE) boots just fine. I am a little disappointed right now but the card I received had really crappy ram so I guess its a good thing the card came DOA. I spent close to 30 minutes trying to get this thing to work but gave up and asked for an RMA request.

But alas I have to pay shipping back out of my own pocket I believe. Then again I should probably call and argue with them to credit some money back on my credit card for shipping.

Turd Furguson said:
I just got my 9700Pro this morning by Fedex, came all nice and packaged with everything in tact. Popped it into my system, notta. No BIOS beeps during bootup, or after resetting of BIOS, or change in molex connectors for power. My current vid card (TI4800SE) boots just fine. I am a little disappointed right now but the card I received had really crappy ram so I guess its a good thing the card came DOA. I spent close to 30 minutes trying to get this thing to work but gave up and asked for an RMA request.

But alas I have to pay shipping back out of my own pocket I believe. Then again I should probably call and argue with them to credit some money back on my credit card for shipping.

It's standard practice for the buyer to pay return shipping. this is the risk you take when you buy refurb.

Did you try to run a CLEAN. UNUSED molex from the power supply to the 9700? I bought a 9800 from Newegg refurb that DID THE EXACT SAME THING. After I ran a 'clean' molex from the PSU it fired right up.

PS, Do you play Battlefield 1942 on the FBNOps server? Theres a turd furguson that stole my tank after I stole it from the enemy, I was repairing my tank when a Turd furguson stole it from me.

If you are this guy, DO NOT READ MY ADVISE, your card is broken and you should pay Triple shipping back to Newegg for your sins :p :D :cool:

Yep that would be me. Name never really dawned on me. LMAO !!

Yeha I even tried it on a clean molex and notta. Its on its way back. Hopefully I can get another one from Newegg which would be blessed with Samsung 2.8ns ram. :D

Dont nail me for spammin but damn thats FUNNY about the tank.
BTW SSS what server you guys play on???? maybe I can steal your tank too.

LOL:clap:

Cutter said:
Dont nail me for spammin but damn thats FUNNY about the tank.
BTW SSS what server you guys play on???? maybe I can steal your tank too.

LOL:clap:

When you start up Battlefield 1942 just do a search for KILL

I only play on the KILL YOUR CO WORKER server. Its the FBNOps server. I stole the one tank on the map from the enemy and was fixing it, when Turd came along and decided it was his and not mine. I'm a nice guy thats why I didnt ban him from the server. Hmmm Now that I think about it maybe I should ban him from the Classifieds for being a thief hehe :p :D :cool:

Silversinksam said:

When you start up Battlefield 1942 just do a search for KILL

I only play on the KILL YOUR CO WORKER server. Its the FBNOps server. I stole the one tank on the map from the enemy and was fixing it, when Turd came along and decided it was his and not mine. I'm a nice guy thats why I didnt ban him from the server. Hmmm Now that I think about it maybe I should ban him from the Classifieds for being a thief hehe :p :D :cool:

ROFLMAO

This gets my best thread of the month award :p

SSS what is your BF42 name?

Turd Furguson said:

i heard some people got refund for shipping from newegg,but i think it's rare.

Mr. $T$ said:

ROFLMAO

This gets my best thread of the month award :p

SSS what is your BF42 name?

Silversink, Silversinksam is to long and is to easy to spot when someone spots me....I am considering changing my name to . :p

jabtek said:
Wouldn't happen to be the same Turd Furguson from <DRS> ??

If that Turd steals your vehicles in the game you play I can tell you its him. Its kinda funny I have been waiting for Turd to steal my vehicle again next time he shows up. Now before I get in every tank or Truck, I place TNT Expacks on them, should Turd steal my vehicle again, I will simply laugh while I press my mouse, detonating the TNT, and Turd along with it. I never teamkill, but for Turd, I will make an exception :D

LMAO !!

Well I contacted Newegg this morning and they couldn't tell me anything. My video card has been in RMA limbo for the past week since they received it. So I am hoping to get my video card by next week or maybe before Christmas. Its been over 2 weeks since I ordered the card and really wished I had a working version.

Well I just contacted them again. I actually was greeted by someone who told me about my order. He said they are out of the 9700Pro's and they emailed me to let me know about this. But I never received an email. So he just refunded me all my money. I have been been an avid purchaser from Newegg but this bums me out. I really needed that card but there is nothing I can do. They were lacking a bit in the communication dept. to the consumer but its prolly just a minor mistake. Looks like I am going to have to do some more shopping for my video card. :(

Silversinksam said:
I stole the one tank on the map from the enemy and was fixing it, when Turd came along and decided it was his and not mine. I'm a nice guy thats why I didnt ban him from the server. Hmmm Now that I think about it maybe I should ban him from the Classifieds for being a thief hehe :p :D :cool: [/B]

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!! :D

Back