• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pencil Trick Worked!!!!! Athlon 1ghz @1066

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

daver343

Registered
I just wanted to see if it would work, cause then I would clock it higher, but I did the pencil trick to the L1 bridges with an HB-2 pencil. 8.0x133 posted @1066. Sooo sweet. Now lets go for higher. :D
Ah, also right now I have a regular heatsink but the idle temp in windows is
32-35c.

Update, just changed multiplyer to 9x. Booted @1.2ghz. !!! SWEETNESS

I just pushed it to 1.4ghz. The sweetness. ITs at 40c idle. Max Payne still works.

Im tempted to push the cpu to 1.5 but seeing as how my idle temp is 43c with a standard hsf, Im gonna leave it at 1.4 for now.
Sry, the rest of my specs:

AMD Tbird 1ghz @ 1.4ghz 1.85V
DFI AK76-SN
256mb DDR 2100
GeForce-2 GTS 32mb DDR
SB-Live X-Gamer
15gig Seagate Barracuda 2
4x4x24 HP CDRW
Panasonic 8x DVD
300w PSU (Deer)

As for the actually code of the cpu, I have taken the HS off a few times but
kept forgetting. I'll post it sometime. Its tobad thought that my DFI board only allows for Voltage settings up to 1.85v. Ah well. Im happy.

i think all boards have max voltage at 1.85v unless u do a voltage mod

the only exception i think is the epox board

i think u should replace your heatsink with something better

~(-=->sky<-=-)~ (Aug 04, 2001 10:07 a.m.):

Most of the MSI K7T Turbos ver3.0 can get to 1.97 v-core cause the .12 variation from the BIOS and actual temps. I choose 1.72 v-core in my BIOS but actual voltages are 1.85. Gotta love MSI for this!! I did the voltage hack also and I can now get a .30 variation!!

nice to see people are happy, a decent heatsink and fan for ure beast is a thermoengine with a delta 38, try burning in ure cpu, that might help u get an extr buncha mhz :)

peppy (Aug 04, 2001 06:47 p.m.):
nice to see people are happy, a decent heatsink and fan for ure beast is a thermoengine with a delta 38, try burning in ure cpu, that might help u get an extr buncha mhz :)

what do you do to burn in your cpu?

You know... the Suttle AK31 has a voltage range of 1.6v - 1.975v.
Of all the places I have seen a review of this board, 2 or 3 have said it is quite possibly the best ddr board for overclocking. It is completely jumperless and veery stable. I don't see why there aren't more people out there with one.

~(-=->sky<-=-)~ said:

Voltage mods are easy and only ever involve soldering two wires and I variable pot to a board. No worries to get above 2.0v on any good board (cheap boards can't do it stably)

wild_andy_c said:

Voltage mods are easy and only ever involve soldering two wires and I variable pot to a board. No worries to get above 2.0v on any good board (cheap boards can't do it stably)

ok...i m stupid....but i still cant do the board mod..i dun quite understand it ....btw i have asus a7v

If you cut off some of the L4 bridge you can increase the _default_ core voltage but I don't think it will push more further than 1.85, any1 tired it?

:mad: Tried the pecil trick last night,did not work. I connected L1 birdges with a #2 hb mechanical pencil.Booted up still at 950 just what I started with. Whats up with that,help.How do I change the mulitplyer?

:mad: Tried the pecil trick last night,did not work. I connected L1 birdges with a #2 hb mechanical pencil.Booted up still at 950 just what I started with. Whats up with that,help.How do I change the mulitplyer?
P.S Have two systems slot a bird runs sweet this bird won't.

I tried to unlock the multipliers when I first got my chip but it didn't work so I decided to try a different pencil. I used some .5mm HB led that I got from the dollar store. I found a big bag for a dollar but the lead was cheap and broke all the time so I never used it until now. I used the naked eye and to my suprise, I got it to work. I would try it with a .5mm mechanical pencil and use a magnifying glass to see if you cross any bridges. Just make sure you clean it really well every time you retry it. I used rubbing alcohol and some toilet paper (didn't have cotton balls.

Back