• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding = Tax Deduction?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiceGuy4

Registered
I'm just wondering if anyone has tried to claim a tax deduction or if it’s even possible. Personal, I don't care about it, I do it for the personal satisfaction and the possibility to help save lives. But if there was a tax deduction of some kind, that could be used to entice businesses into participating in the project. We all know that businesses can be very unwilling to do anything unless there is a dollar sign in the end of the equation.

J

I claim almost everything that plugs into a wall as a tax deduction. Since I work as a System Admin, my home is an office as I can remotely admin machines. Thus, phone, power, part of rent, and every piece of computer hardware/software I buy is deductable.

Wedo

roger that. I write off all puter upgrades and consumption cause my my accountant told me so :D but as far as doing stictly out of the fold.. i dunno that one yet.. Ill let ya know in march :)

I seem to remember reading somewhere on Stanfords site that folding did not qualify as a deduction. But I've looked since then and have not been able to find that sooo at this point I'm not sure. I've been folding for a couple yrs now and have never tried to write it off as a deduction. But boy if it is possible I'll be on it.

Wedo I sure wish I had that option to write it off it plugs in. Would sure make that return a lot sweeter.

Back