• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

no FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

punxINC

i just finished putting together an A-bit NF-7 system. the thing runs great at stock settings....133 FSB 11x multi. problem is, the thing will not boot if i change the FSB in the slightest. it gives me a long post beep then repeats. have to use the INSERT key to get back in to change it back. im using a 1700xp DLT3C proc. anyone have any ideas on how i can get the thing to change FSB and actually boot up?

just tried 136 FSB and 8.5x multi and same thing happened. guess ill look into it some more tomorrow.

I had the same problem. Couldnt get the FSB past 168 without having to jump the BIOS to clear it. I had PC2700, also. I found that I could raise the FSB to around 200 when I started messing with the memory timings.

5-3-3-2 were the ones I used to raise the FSB;)

Make sure vddm is @ 2.9 ram timing 2.5 3 3 11 or 2.5 4 4 11, also make sure vdd is 1.6 or 1.7 you may also need to change the vcore up alittle. Make sure to disable fsb and agp spectrum, cpu throling agp fast write's. and see if you can boot @ 166x11.

Back