• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SDRAM PC125 -- whazzat?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bardos

Hi all,

A question:

A couple of years ago I bought a stick of no-name 256mb PC133 SDRAM on e-bay for a good price. I've never used it in any of my main computers, just use it on the bench to test motherboards etc. It'll run at Cas 3 at 133Mhz on an 815 mobo and CAS2 at 100-112Mhz on a BX motherboard

Funny thing, the other day I was interested (finally) in seeing what it was and I used CPUz to check it out: the only read-out I got was "SDRAM PC125".

Anybody know what this means?

thanks, eric

I got this from the CPU-Z sites faq section:

Q: Why does CPU-Z misreport my memory module specification ? For example, my DDR PC3500 is reported as PC3200.

A: The SDR and DDR theorical bandwidth is computed using the module access time information for the maximal CAS# latency value, included in the SPD area. If the computed bandwidth is lower than the one specified on the memory module, that means in most cases that the SPD information on the module is not correctly programmed, and does not mean that the memory module does not handle its specifications.

It's possiable that the new CPU-Z doesn't support older memory but I don't really know. Anyone else have an idea?

Edit:
What KILLorBE said below was my first thought on this. But I wanted someone that had more experience with the program say it :)

Last edited:
It means that CPU-Z probably made a mistake, some versions of Sandra make the same mistake.

It could also be that they made a mistake while programming the SPD, but I really doubt it.

You could give CTSPD a try.

Back