• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please i need help! - vcore fluctuation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MatiasZ

Registered
Hi everybody :)

i'm having troubles with my new rig, (p42.6c, asus p4p800 deluxe, 1gb pc3200) the thing is i have my vcore set to 1.625 on the bios, and the readings display 1.68+, and within windows, whenever i turn on prime or anything stressing, the vcore goes down to 1.6.. so is fluctuating too much! plus i can't overclock pass 240fsb without upping the vcore to 1.7v, if i set it to 1.675 and 250 fsb i just get blank screen when the bios resets... help please??? i need to find out today what's the limit since i have only today to exchange anything... help me please :(

The readings in windows are inaccurate. The vcore drop is not a prob. unless it's giving you errors in prime. IMO the blank screen/no boot issue may well be a prob. of too much vcore. Too much or too little can manifest as similar problems. Whats vdimm @? agp voltage? timings? mam/turbo enabled? or not? Ram divider? all of these can cause no boot problems.

OK THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY!!! hehe
here we go...
i'm running pc3200 ram at 5:4 divider since it won't go much higher than 215 fsb... i'm using relaxed timings (spd) and the memory should be running at 200 with 250 fsb... but if i set the proc to 1.675v and UPPER (i''ve tried 1.7) i can SOMETIMES (this is the weird part) boot, and whenever it boots, it stays stable with prime+st running... but most of the times (90%) i get the blank screen...and i have to power off and on... vdimm is set at 2.65 and i've tried up to 2.75-2.85, vagp is 1.5 as default, should i rise it? turbo/mam i tried it enabled and disabled... i'm so hoping i have not come to the cpu's limit at 3.12g... temps seem to be at around 32 idle, 45 load 100%..
any ideas?? plis?:(

Raise the vdimm to 2.75 or 2.85. Raise the agp to 1.6 or 1.7. For some reason this really helps stability. I still think the vcore is too high. I set mine @ 1.65 to hit 300 fsb. What brand is the ram? Is the agp/pci locked @ 66/33? Set the timings manually. Even if the ram is no name the manufacturers website will list timings. SPD on these boards were timing by a roll of the dice AFAIK.

FIRST OF ALL
thank you grandpa for all the answers :)

pci is locked so that's not the thing... i'll try upping the VAGP to see if i can get it to boot... actually it might have something to do... because when i get the blank screen i can hear the discs + cdrom spinning up as if they were being detected by the bios... so maybe i need mor agp voltage to get a stable oc... i don't know about the vcore being too high, it IS too high when i set it at around 1.675, but then at that vcore i can SOMETIMES boot... is while booting at around 1.625 1.65 that i get ALWAYS THE SAME DA*N no signal screen... by the way the ram is SELTEC, as in "no brand" i have the option to exchange it TODAY for some infinieon ram, what do you think? although this one is rated at 2.5/4/4/8 i'm able to run them at 2/3/3/7 with 190 bus.... what do you thin, will the infineon be any better?

gona try the vagp be right back

ok no go here... i set it to 1.7 agp 2.85 vdimm... vcore was at around 1.625 tried to boot with timings at 3/4/4/8 to make sure that ram was not the thing, i even tried placing it at 3:2 with those timings and 250 fsb... but i CAN'T boot at 250 fsb no matter what... is not a matter of stability... it will go dead... and i think the ram is doing more or less ok with the 5:4 divider... i have ir running now at 195 fsb with 2/3/3/7, with 244 fsb... around the higher i can go... any ideas??? i just HATE that blank screen...

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 89
Those Asus mobos do seem to drop the vcore down under load. The other possibility is a marginal power supply. RAM conflicts are the most common problem in these conditions. You really need to find memory that uses the BH-5 chips, like maybe Kingston HyperX PC3000. I have a pair of this RAM and it does better than my OCZ PC3500 EL stuff.

I have the Asus P4P800 also, it does drop quite a bit under full load even with the BEST powersupply, don't worry about it.. It's the best overclocking board I ever used so far, even better than the Abit...

hi there i´m back ;) well... i don´t quite like this setup so far... is giving me way too much troubles... right now i have lost the ability to boot at default speeds with everything connected... i´m gonna re-flash the bios right now... and see what i can get... i think i´m gonna try with the 1010 or so... i´m running 1012 right now... but i´ve seen almost everything happening with this board in two days... auto rebooting without notice, not booting at all... booting, loading everything... but not getting video signal!! i know it was booted already, i could browse my hard drive from a network computer :( ... i´m running NOBRAND ram... actually is named "SELTEC" but it doesn´t even have a website... the PSU is a 350W ENERMAX... my lines are all within ranges... around 5.010 and 12.07 or so... 3.3 is somwhere near 3.4 but everything else seems fine... it is in deed overvolting at idle... cause when it goes full load i get a constant vcore exactly the same as the one set in the bios... the worst part is i don´t know what to do if everything goes on like this... the problem must be within the mobo and the ram... CPU is set apart, and so its psu suposely...

ok i did a fresh reinstall of everything, made it to a SATA RAID0 config... everything worked ok for a while (about 1 hour)... i then came to download newer drivers from the internet... and bang... it rebooted all by her self :D... tried a couple more times, and after 2-3 minutes, always rebooting... temps are OK... 0% overclocking, 0% unnecesary devices (not even audio) connected... and the board would still reboot... so i've tried something now... y deleted the raid array, and took a winxp single drive of 80gb i had... and the sata drives are stand alone now... and apparently, the rebooting is gone... any ideas???? i really wanna use that raid... :(

ok it's no raid problem... i've tried almost everything... with raid without raid.... it would auto reboot within 2 minutes... i burned an iso memtest image, and it would never COMPLETE the test... it would freeze randomly (not always the same test) without showing any message/error/etc... just freezing... i'm now trying the pc with a stick of crucial pc2100 running at SPD and 266, just 256 mb... to see what happens... may be is the ram causing all this anoying trouble??? i thought i was building a stable system... is the most unstable system i've ever used to date and is not even overclocked... :(

i donnt think it was disabled... i don´t really know actually... but i swapped the ram as i said... i´m having the same troubles... i swapped the PSU for a ENERMAX 300W that i know it works great... still the same... i cannot make it through a whole run... no matter what i do... i get to windows... i have between 2 minutes and 10 before it reboots by itself... no matter what i do... even if i leave it there, without doing ANYTHING it reboots... and when it comes back i get MICROSOFT WINDOWS ERROR "windows has just recovered from a serius error" and it doesn´t mention any process related to the error... is SO anoying... i´m gonna buy another mobo and test it out... see what happens... i don´t know what else to look for... the CPU itself may be??

SON OF A!!! it was my USB CABLE MODEM!!!!! i plugged it to the RJ45 plug and is WOKRING OK!!! i even bought another MOBO (DFI INFINITY 865, great board, i like it better than my asus hehe) and it did the same, so it seems to be an incompatibility problem between Motorola SB4200 USB drivers and i865PE chipset (maybe 875 too, don't know) ... if anyone else has reseting problems with this two componentes, swichit to LAN instead of USB.... thank you all for your help!! you've been great ;)

Back