• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Cheap way to unlock a cpu???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

luismxc

Registered
Does anybody know of a cheap, permanent and efective material to unlock the cpu? you see, i live in Europe, and here, getting one of those conductive pencils is complicated!

Thanx!

You can just try a regular mechanical pencil.

They work fairly well, you may have to redo it once or twice a year, but if you want cheap you can't get any cheaper. I did see that bigfootcomputers has a fairly affordable unlocking kit that is permanent. The URL is http://www.bigfootcomputers.com/Mer...PROD&Store_Code=Bigfoot&Product_Code=2315GCTC

(copy and paste it into your browser) The price is $20 Canadian, so really I don't know if it can get any cheaper.

Personally I use a Cross mechanical pencil, it has a very thick lead. It is a bit harder to apply well, but I don't have to redo the pencil nearly as often since it is a thick, quality lead.

Good luck!

Shawn

luismxc (Aug 04, 2001 12:52 p.m.):
Does anybody know of a cheap, permanent and efective material to unlock the cpu? you see, i live in Europe, and here, getting one of those conductive pencils is complicated!

Thanx!

Well, I can vouch to the fact that the following pencil will do the job:

Dixon Ticonderoga 1388-2 SOFT

Back