• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best domain name registar?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jstutman

i have been looking at different companys who run registars. what are some reccomended companys to choice from? i dont want them to host the site just to be able to register it threw them. someone who i can trust to actually let me keep the site, and not sell it off to someone who pays them more.

thanks

I deal with http://www.vimar.ca/, he is a good kid, Met him on a business trip

he was recomended by a friend of mine, so far he has done everything to help me

my ISP ( Sympatico ) is CRAP and don't update there name servers enough. He was with me for like 20 minutes over ICQ trying to force the Name server to uncache my site since I had moved servers.

cost isn't the cheapest out there, 19USD, But costomer service over ICQ is great

I registered with www.godaddy.com Very cheap 8.95 a year and you they also have automatic domain renewal if you keep a CC on file with them or just by it for 10 years and not have to worry about it. I have registerd 4 domains with em and they have been great. Just called customer service yesterday to confirm that a domain is going to be auto renewed.....

I went with www.godaddy.com also just recently. They are running a special right now and I got my name for $7 and some others are as low as $4!! they have 24/7 customer service with People from America answering the phones.

Back