• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

driver problem, cant see windows! HELP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goodyer

Registered
here it goes...

i just down graded monitors so i set refreshlock to defaults. after that i unistalled omega drivers because no matter what setting i used in display properties, i could only get 60hz refresh rate to the monitor. even if it said the refresh rate was at 100hz it would only be 60 according to monitor, which it only supports 85hz at 1024x768. so i uninstalled my radeon in device manager, rebooted. saw the usual bios screen, windows xp pro logo with loading bar, then the screen changes res like it normally does when it gets into windows, then all i see is a black.

now i know your thinking its set at a higher refresh rate that it supports and the monitor just black. in which case my power button would be flashing yellow because thats what happens when you set the refresh rate higher than it can handle. but the monitor power button is still green, showing its using a refresh rate it CAN handle. the video card is a BBA 9800np flash pro. i tried putting in my older msi gf4 ti4200 but i get the same black screen as soon as its in windows.

im out of ideas besides formatting, and thats not an option because i need to back up too much stuff on the OS. has anyone ever experienced something like this before?? help!

ok after trying several time to get into safe mode and crashing i was able to revert back to last know good config, which was where the problem started with the 60hz max refresh rate to the monitor, no matter what it is set to in windows.

Tried pushing f5 as windows boots to go in safe mode and see if that works? Might be a reselution problem instead of refresh.

edit: I type slow I guess.

lol thanks for posting though

i think it might be refreshlock left windows with non default registry entries for refresh rate? like telling windows the max it can do is 60? but what i dont understand is i can set it as high as i want in display properties and it doesnt attempt to change the rate at all.

ok i fixed the problem my resetting DCC (what ever that is) value somewhere in catalyst driver display settings menus

if you read this far, thanks for taking the time to read it
btw any mod can delete this if they want

Back