• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Something very wrong with my rails

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The_man27

Something very wrong with my voltage rails

-12 reads -7.26
-5 reads -3.39

all others are fine
what could be the problem???

2.4c @ 3.00
IS7
2x256 PC3200 Corsair XMS
Antec 400W

System is stable, except it crashes every once in a while (say twice per week)...

Last edited:
if u are not reading with a multi-meter, u may not be getting an accurate reading. Im guessing thats in MBM5, so tits just giving a somewhat close reading, but not as accurate as a multi-meter would be. Those volts are DEFINITELY very wrong and a system crash twice a week is too much..id say once a week is too much. Give us some more system specs (put em in ur sig for better future refernce, look in my sig an others to see what kind of things u should have in it) and put down the model of ur 400w psu, give us mroe info so we can help u out better.

Also, give us a better description of what kind of "crashing" u are running into, u mean blue screen of death (bsod)? or just complete restart, system hangs, freezes, etc.

-5v and -12v rails are almost irrelevant to the stability and performance of a system. They should be within 10% though, but more often than not the dodgy readings are due to sensors not being implemented properly on the negative lines. Check with a multimeter - white on the ATX connector is -5v and blue is -12v. Your antec is a fine brand of power supply and should be coping with no problems.

I would say: Ignore the -ve lines, concentrate on the other possible sources of your crashes.

Thanks for the input
:)
Well I think I am almost 99% certain that my crashes may have resulted form my bios flashing. I will try to re-flash to the original 9500pro bios

Today it crashed again
now I can't change my resolution and color depth
I'll let you know how it goes

OK I re-flashed to the original bios and installed the drivers which came with my card...
So far so good :)

oh and I also went back to stock speeds
Mods move this to the video section if you see it fit

Last edited:
Back