• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC games keep crashing. Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XunknownX

Disabled
Ok, I'm working on this P4 for a co-worker. He says his daughters games keep crashing.

I checked it out and whenever you play a game, it either crashes and goes back to the desktop or the computer reboots. It does this no matter what the game and everytime it goes into 3D video mode.

I've tried....

Replacing the video card.

Reformatting the drive and doing all the updates.

DirectX 8.1 and 9

I'm at my wits ends. Could it be RAM or the power supply? Maybe something wrong with the AGP slot? Help please!

Are you overclocking it ? if not try moving the ram in different slots & ofcourse make sure the cpu is not overheating.

the CPU is not overheating. I have MBM5 running, and it is dead on with what the temp is in the BIOS. As for overclocking, this computer has never been overclocked.

Haven't tried the RAM in different slots though. Will give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion. I will report back when I get home from work.

Sound cards can do that to,check that out had a friend have that same problem got a new sound card and it stoped he had a creative card and got a m-audio

If the machine is using more than one stick of ram that could be the problem as well. My machine does the exact same thing if I install my other 512MB of ram even if I put my machine back to stock speeds. My BH-7 just does NOT want 1 gig of ram in it (both are the exact same type of Corsair) and no matter which slots they are in they just will not play nice together. Sucks to be me oh well hehe. 512MB of Corsair rotting on the shelf in the closet. But will be going into the PC I am building for my niece and nephew. Anyhow, good luck.

Back