• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Free" upgrade to Remote Wonder II???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dgk

My new All-In-Wonder 9600Pro comes with a coupon for a free upgrade to a Remote Wonder II. I log onto the website and the free upgrade has a $15 shipping fee. Is this just a better remote control? Does anyone know what the difference is?

MY AIW 8500 came with the remote wonder, my AIW9800Pro came with the remote wonder 2 (as far as I can tell anyways, they are identicle in shape, size, button placement, colour). Both remotes are the same, the RW2 has a few extra lables on the buttons (Mute is labled ABC, 1 is labled GHI...etc and the left mouse button has a checkmark and right mouse has an X) but is functionally the same. Its supposed to be better for ATi's new EasyLook software... So far I've only seen the labels used once; upon closing the TV program via the power button it said "are you sure?" and had a picture of a checkmark and X...hitting the left mouse (also checkmark) meant yes. BTW I actually use my RW2 with my 8500 and my RW with my 9800.

I wouldn't worry about upgrading it but if you want a remote for another computer or a cheap Xmas present then get it, $15 shipping is cheaper then you can get the remote wonder for normally.

I guess I should RTFM but just what does it do? Apparently some kind of remote for the computer, replacing a mouse. Well, I'll have to take a better look. There is so much software that I haven't figured out what 3/4 of it does.

well for starters it is an RF remote, not IR like most TV remotes so it can go through walls/floors. Yeah it can be used as a mouse and it also has buttons to launch apps like the TV player/dvd player etc... It also has 4 or 6 buttons (I forget how many) that you can program to launch whatever you want ...games... apps...whatever. It also has buttons to chqange the channel, fast forward (DVDs) record and control the volume among other things.

It's pretty cool, I dont use them all that much but its nice to have and when/if you have your comp hooked up to a TV it is a good thing to have (rather then sitting in front of your computer to launch a DVD player and skip the previews you can be on the couch...actually u could even be in the bathroom...the remote works from quite far away).

Back