• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

front blowhole...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigsoomo

hey guys i want to cut out a front blow hole...but dont want an actual hole there. should i just drill some big azz holes there? you guys have any ideas?

i'm not sure why you want a blowhole but also dont want an actual hole... does a bunch of smaller holes have a certain appeal? if so, then drill a bunch of bigger holes, maybe each one being .5" diameter and arrange them like honeycomb. but i really dont think a bunch of smaller holes is ever a better idea than one big hole, especially considering all the cool fan-grilles we have these days. but prove me wrong.

mod on

As Smirabi said, cut a LARGE hole and put a cool fan grill on it. It will allow more airflow and it will look better than a bunch of smaller holes.

i dont want a big hole...because when i take off the front panel all the noise amplifies until i put it back on...so if i cut a front hole its just going to be a little louder which will drive me coo coo!

added:so i guess il just cut the hole...since my comp needs more airflow..

Get a fanbus. That way you can make your system virtually silent when it's idle and you can crank it up when playing games.

yeah...i just ordered a sunbeam rheobus and a 120mm stealth pro...and a 92 for my slk900...im in the process of cuttin out the front hole as we speak...hopefuly i can get my girls cam to get some pics!

for max cooling, u might wanna consider getting a 120mm fan and cut the fan-hole with a dremel..then get the grill at www.svc.com they have real good prices on custom cut grillsbut just a BIT high shipping...

yeah my fans and controller are on ther way...i already have a 120mm front hole jus waitin for the parts =) i gotta run to homo depot and get some disc too..anyone kno where i can some cheap online?

Back