• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Few Mobo Questions...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Freddie

I have been trying to upgrade my pc for quite a long time. But some of the parts that i wanted to get don't work with my new motherboard. So i have decided to upgrade from an asus a7a266 to asus a7n8x (revision 2) :). But there are a few qyestions that i have. I am not sure if the new mobo will fit in our currect case. I don't see any reason why not as it is an atx case. Do any of you know any reasons why the mobo that i am getting mgith not fit. One thing is the backplate. My pc has frontal usb :) but they are usb 1.1. Could someone please tell me if i will be able to use my new usb ports on my new mobo, how hard it would be to do and what speed would they run at usb 2.0 like the mobo has or usb 1.1 like my currect mobo has. I don't rally mind what speed they work at as i have usb round the back. Thanks for all your help :)

instead on getting the asus A7N8X, may I suggest getting the Abit NF7? :D .. it's a better overclocker with more friendly options toward voltages and many people here love it .. I use one :D

your atx case will house any ATX-sized motherboard just fine.
If you buy a new retail mobo (regardless the brand), the package includes the new backplate that is compatible with the board, so don't worry about that :D

My old case which claims to have 1.1 front usb ports actually works just fine as usb 2.0 ports when they get connected to the usb pins on my NF7, so it shouldn't be any problem with yours.

the new usb 2.0 in theory can transfer data at 480mb/sec .. much faster than usb 1.1's 1.5mb/s (but that's theory :D .. just like ATA133 can transfer up to 133mb/s, but in actuality it rarely reach 70mb/s)

hope this helps, and enjoy your new mobo :D

Back